X-Power for £33,788

Price seems very volatile. Got a quote for £33,788, earlier today, then checked back in, a couple hours later, and that same quote had gone up to £34,510

Last edited:
Took a screenshot when I first saw it in case it changed:

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 13-20-15 MG Motors UK Affinity.png

Just noticed that X-Power is available on Affinity. That's an incredible price for what you get.
77kWh battery version also available at the same price.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Dumb question - what's Affinity? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times...

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Dumb question - what's Affinity? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times...
As @Alb says, It's MG's employee discount scheme which, like most auto manufacturers, they've extended to certain other groups like armed forces & emergency service workers, etc, etc.

Like Costco membership, there's a way in for everybody. The simplest is to pay £50 to join the MG Owner's Club.

As @Alb says, It's MG's employee discount scheme which, like most auto manufacturers, they've extended to certain other groups like armed forces & emergency service workers, etc, etc.

Like Costco membership, there's a way in for everybody. The simplest is to pay £50 to join the MG Owner's Club.
Blue Badge holders and educators are first in line aren't they?

Blue Badge holders and educators are first in line aren't they?
Blue badge holders would go through the usual Motability scheme.
As for educators, perhaps they're counted as "local government"?
Here's a screengrab of qualifying organisations:-
Screenshot 2023-08-08 130512.png

I have no clue why the last 3 groups qualify. Do MG supply cars to the players, perhaps?

Last edited:
Blue badge holders would go through the usual Motability scheme.
As for educators, perhaps they're counted as "local government"?
Here's a screengrab of qualifying organisations:-
View attachment 19476

I have no clue why the last 3 groups qualify. Do MG supply cars to the players, perhaps?
An MG4 was used in a road trip by Wales fans in the Road to Qatar for the last (men's) World Cup. Maybe that's why?

Does it include ex armed forces??

I very strongly suspect it does!

As a retired former teacher (I'd retired more than 10 years earlier than the purchase of my MG5) I was able to use the Affinity scheme.

The "proof" of my qualification for the scheme, which my dealer asked to see and which was forwarded to MG, was a recent pension statement from the Teachers Pension service.

My dealer went away and tried to see if I was eligible, but came back and said no, only current NHS employees. Nothing about joining the owners' club, and apparently having retired from working for a Scottish government funded animal health institute didn't count.

My dealer went away and tried to see if I was eligible, but came back and said no, only current NHS employees. Nothing about joining the owners' club, and apparently having retired from working for a Scottish government funded animal health institute didn't count.
Here is the website @Rolfe, MG Motors UK Affinity when you register, you have to choose an Affinity partner, both NHS and Owners Club...Armed Forces and many others are on there

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom