X Power recall looming??

There was a recall done on the steering dampener in AUS now ive read in some places it hasnt fixed it ..

The dealer ship told me when i questioned them about the car i was buying and ultimately bought that it had yet to be done ..

Was that typical salesman BS or the truth i wont know till i pick the car up and test it ..

was looking at bigger wheels and some pilot sport 5s on mine but ill wait and see ..

the Thai body kit pics done on the blue one looks amazing but Thailand is the new japan for car shows and modifications theses days
Some of the front splitters look pretty nice tbh.
One video on YouTube (Job Job channel) shows coil overs, big rims & alsorts 😍 unfortunately there are no subtitles but the Thais are streets ahead with modifications for the MG4.

Some of the front splitters look pretty nice tbh.
One video on YouTube (Job Job channel) shows coil overs, big rims & alsorts 😍 unfortunately there are no subtitles but the Thais are streets ahead with modifications for the MG4.
what do you want to know my GF is thai

Thankyou, maybe she could ask them to add English subtitles for us 😎
SIAM BODYKIT : Thai prices to overseas customer this might help ..
the ssport kit doesnt have a price but the 16000 baht kit that comes with the Xpower roof spoiler converted to AUD is $675 as for shipping thats something that will need to be sorted via contacting them..
I think its all double sided tape stick on stuff though but at even adding another $200aud for shipping its a cheap kit !!

i may even entertain the kit at some point as it really makes the car look a bit more special !! even just the rear bits look great..

As for the shocks and wheels H&R do lowered springs 30mm all round on the X power..
Wheels are easy ( if you find some that look good all back seem to be the best option with coloured cars ) but hard to find the exact ones they used i even think they swapped out discs and calipers for endless brakes ..

As for shocks not sure who does coil overs for MG4's ive done a bit of research and found nothing yet could be some obscure Thai brand or simply modded ones to tart the car up ..

Honestly i could cut the springs down so it sits on its arse will not be legal or suitable BUT will look insane !!

remember these car show cars are just that SHOW CARS and not often suitable for mainstream roads and applications

Last edited:
SIAM BODYKIT : Thai prices to overseas customer this might help ..
the ssport kit doesnt have a price but the 16000 baht kit that comes with the Xpower roof spoiler converted to AUD is $675 as for shipping thats something that will need to be sorted via contacting them..
I think its all double sided tape stick on stuff though but at even adding another $200aud for shipping its a cheap kit !!

i may even entertain the kit at some point as it really makes the car look a bit more special !! even just the rear bits look great..

As for the shocks and wheels H&R do lowered springs 30mm all round on the X power..
Wheels are easy ( if you find some that look good all back seem to be the best option with coloured cars ) but hard to find the exact ones they used i even think they swapped out discs and calipers for endless brakes ..

As for shocks not sure who does coil overs for MG4's ive done a bit of research and found nothing yet could be some obscure Thai brand or simply modded ones to tart the car up ..

Honestly i could cut the springs down so it sits on its arse will not be legal or suitable BUT will look insane !!

remember these car show cars are just that SHOW CARS and not often suitable for mainstream roads and applications
Thankyou for that information bud. MG say they left the x power ride height standard, because during harsh acceleration it “squats” 😳. So Im concerned if I put 19” Alloys on with a 40 wall , they will catch/rub if I Gun the car. I notice that ALL the modifications on Job Job seem to be to the base model SE. I agree that the body kits look really good. Love Thailand 🇹🇭 & its people & food, I’ve travelled it quite extensively & once spent 3 weeks on Kho Phi Phi island prior to the devastating tsunami (The Beach, Leonardo de crappio for others reading this). Please 🙏 Thank your Girlfriend for taking the time to translate 🫡 Below are my favourite 19” alloys for my White/black x power 👍

Attachments

• IMG_7379.png
    IMG_7379.png
    505.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7457.png
    IMG_7457.png
    878.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7458.png
    IMG_7458.png
    826 KB · Views: 16
Thankyou for that information bud. MG say they left the x power ride height standard, because during harsh acceleration it “squats” 😳. So Im concerned if I put 19” Alloys on with a 40 wall , they will catch/rub if I Gun the car. I notice that ALL the modifications on Job Job seem to be to the base model SE. I agree that the body kits look really good. Love Thailand 🇹🇭 & its people & food, I’ve travelled it quite extensively & once spent 3 weeks on Kho Phi Phi island prior to the devastating tsunami (The Beach, Leonardo de crappio for others reading this). Please 🙏 Thank your Girlfriend for taking the time to translate 🫡 Below are my favourite 19” alloys for my White/black x power 👍
19s with 40s will give you the same rolling diameter of the 18s otherwise you speedo would be way way out ..

30mm drop will do nothing the wheels will sit within the arch as by law wheels and tires must not protrude out from guards flared guards included..

It will squat by default but at worse case it will sit inside the guards if it does...

worse case ( and if available ) you could find stiffer shocks but then your changing the whole dynamics of the car..

The car squats the way it does to force the tyres to the road to gain more traction at acceleration ..

the front motor kinda just picks up the ( to explain in simple form ) slack that 320kw will have forced only though the rear wheels ..

Using 235 40 r19s will be the same width and height using 235 45 r 18s with in a few mm

Now if you were slapping 255s up they will by default sit out side the guards and will rub on the guards ..

See my wheel/tyre comparison charts on this thread. As said above, they won't catch because they are basically the same overall size. 🙂👍

19s with 40s will give you the same rolling diameter of the 18s otherwise you speedo would be way way out ..

30mm drop will do nothing the wheels will sit within the arch as by law wheels and tires must not protrude out from guards flared guards included..

It will squat by default but at worse case it will sit inside the guards if it does...

worse case ( and if available ) you could find stiffer shocks but then your changing the whole dynamics of the car..

The car squats the way it does to force the tyres to the road to gain more traction at acceleration ..

the front motor kinda just picks up the ( to explain in simple form ) slack that 320kw will have forced only though the rear wheels ..

Using 235 40 r19s will be the same width and height using 235 45 r 18s with in a few mm

Now if you were slapping 255s up they will by default sit out side the guards and will rub on the guards ..
Mate that’s Brilliant 🤩 Thankyou 👍

Mate that’s Brilliant 🤩 Thankyou 👍
i would edit that anything over the 235 tire width would probably cause issues when accelerating if you're doing the 30mm drop too..

245 width maybe but im not sure its worth the risk and you may need to go 35 profile which will make the ride harder and then you're going to start to play with rolling diameter and speedo inaccuracies

245s may eliminate the stutter it has at full launch bigger rubber will give better grip you will know what i mean under a drop the pedal to the floor it skips a bit before it gains full traction but that can also be reduced if not maybe eliminated by better rubber ..
( i cant be sure 100% as I've yet to pick mine up and I'm going to chew out the Turanzas first then Michelins pilot sport 5s are going on )

My 2012 s60 volvo t6 with the polestar tune is AWD and pushing around 250kW obviously the difference is 1 motor not 2 electrics BUT ultimately the car is FWD with the rear diff being the pick up the slack so in that split second the front starts to lose traction the rear kicks in electronically to help it not lose the traction ..

I used Michelin pilot sport 4 tires first and they were great in the sense the car handled well but life span/tread wear was terrible then i had a issue with the rear diff not working some times shoving all the power though the front wheels and wheel spinning even with traction control chewing tread off the fronts

When the tread started to get low even with the AWD working perfectly again ($2000aud fix later) it would skip at full accel

changed to pilot sport 5s no issues ..

I think the stock rubber on the MG X power has been put on there as a compromise between price performance and comfort if i was going to go new wheels be it 18 or 19 i highly recommend Michelin pilot sport 5 they are just as good as the 4s ( not to be confused with the 4 S tires their beastly track tires ) and life span is much much better !!

Last edited by a moderator:
i would edit that anything over the 235 tire width would probably cause issues when accelerating if you're doing the 30mm drop too..

245 width maybe but im not sure its worth the risk and you may need to go 35 profile which will make the ride harder and then you're going to start to play with rolling diameter and speedo inaccuracies

245s may eliminate the stutter it has at full launch bigger rubber will give better grip you will know what i mean under a drop the pedal to the floor it skips a bit before it gains full traction but that can also be reduced if not maybe eliminated by better rubber ..
( i cant be sure 100% as I've yet to pick mine up and I'm going to chew out the Turanzas first then Michelins pilot sport 5s are going on )

My 2012 s60 volvo t6 with the polestar tune is AWD and pushing around 250kW obviously the difference is 1 motor not 2 electrics BUT ultimately the car is FWD with the rear diff being the pick up the slack so in that split second the front starts to lose traction the rear kicks in electronically to help it not lose the traction ..

I used Michelin pilot sport 4 tires first and they were great in the sense the car handled well but life span/tread wear was terrible then i had a issue with the rear diff not working some times shoving all the power though the front wheels and wheel spinning even with traction control chewing tread off the fronts

When the tread started to get low even with the AWD working perfectly again ($2000aud fix later) it would skip at full accel

changed to pilot sport 5s no issues ..

I think the stock rubber on the MG X power has been put on there as a compromise between price performance and comfort if i was going to go new wheels be it 18 or 19 i highly recommend Michelin pilot sport 5 they are just as good as the 4s ( not to be confused with the 4 S tires their beastly track tires ) and life span is much much better !!
Appreciate your advice. Im unlikely to lower & buy new rims. I will be happy if the rims fill the arch @ step out further than stock wheels. Ive never tried launching it, Tyre wise I want the impossible = A fuel (low rolling resistance for max range) A or B grip & 69db quieter tyre noise. Just doing my research so these comments are helpful & I have spoken to ATS about tyre options. Ultimately all I was after was a safe tyre for summer B roads because the front end is vague.

Appreciate your advice. Im unlikely to lower & buy new rims. I will be happy if the rims fill the arch @ step out further than stock wheels. Ive never tried launching it, Tyre wise I want the impossible = A fuel (low rolling resistance for max range) A or B grip & 69db quieter tyre noise. Just doing my research so these comments are helpful & I have spoken to ATS about tyre options. Ultimately all I was after was a safe tyre for summer B roads because the front end is vague.
kinda why i go for the pilot sport 5s great tread wear but what sets them apart is the handling in all conditions they are not really wet weather only tire but perform well and thats what the AWD of the X power helps with and its not a perfect dry track tire but performs well so it caters for both conditions ..

Last edited:
...... Tyre wise I want the impossible = A fuel (low rolling resistance for max range) A or B grip & 69db quieter tyre noise. Just doing my research so these comments are helpful & I have spoken to ATS about tyre options. Ultimately all I was after was a safe tyre for summer B roads because the front end is vague.

Let us know what you find please 👍 I'm in the same boat as you and swaying towards PS5's now. (...cue Bricktop 😁😁)

I'm wondering if the rust that starts to show itself after 30 seconds of being stationary is actually deliberate to match the caliper covers.

@Bricktop X PWR I'm impressed with how not-ferrous yours look in this but seeing the matching dust cap makes me think maybe we've all been missing a trick.

I'm wondering if the rust that starts to show itself after 30 seconds of being stationary is actually deliberate to match the caliper covers.

@Bricktop X PWR I'm impressed with how not-ferrous yours look in this but seeing the matching dust cap makes me think maybe we've all been missing a trick.

It does! Mine did.
I will give them a quick dusting of hammerite over the summer (probably)

And the Ali Express dust caps faded so quickly I've put the black ones back on.

Cheap Chinese Tat.

Wait a minute...............🤣

I also recently replaced the Front Near Side Mud Flap because that was hanging off.

More C. C. T.

Last edited:
It does! Mine did.
I will give them a quick dusting of hammerite over the summer (probably)

And the Ali Express dust caps faded so quickly Ive put the black ones back on.

Cheap Chinese tat.

Wait a minute...............🤣

I also recently replaced the Front Near Side Mud Flap because that was hanging off.

More C. C. T.
just give them a wire brush and spray them with high temp caliper paint should do the job!!

Ohh and do the pilot sport 5s work nice on the x power??

going to use them at some point was just wondering on your thoughts over the stock turanzas ??

tires are something ive always paid attention to with almost every one of my cars going back ( WAY BACK ) to my Yokohama A509s i put on my 82 toyota cressida that thing had more body roll you can imagine but WOW did it stick to the road with them tires :)

Im not as versed with tires these day but back then the A509s were very very soft tires so Amazing grip with terrible terrible tread wear do a burn out or 2 and half your tread was gone :)

I think back then they just used soft rubber to achieve the grip then silica the more silica the better the grip but more wear not sure what they do now !!

Ive used bridgestone potenza R003s on my VY v6 commodore ( bigger rear wheel drive sedan for people in the UK ) decent enough tires..

since then ive used Michelin pilot sports 4 and 5 ..

As i said in previous post 4s were terrible tread wear 5s much much better !!

I have though of going for a more track performance orientated tire but i circle back around with both the AWD s60 and the incoming X power the AWD is going to give me better grip in the wetter months and less likely to chew out the tires in the hotter months using a harder compound tire ..

Just need to highlight the lettering and chequerboard in white to finish the look :ROFLMAO:
Already done it. 👍🤣🤣🤣

Look, don't tell anyone else but I ACTUALLY did that on a Nissan Micra in 1986.
Brand New Tax Free car.
Looked excellent to my 19 year old eye.

Flick Me.
Seems like a very long time ago.😫

Last edited:
Already done it. 👍🤣🤣🤣

Look don't tell anyone else but I ACTUALLY did that on a Nissan Micra in 1986.
Brand New Tax Free car.
Looked excellent to my 19 year old eye.

Flick Me.
Seems like a very long time ago.😫

Did the same to my first car a Hillman Avenger back in 1977! I was also 19, must be an age thing 🤣🤣
Yes where have the years gone……

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom