Xpower test drive thoughts...

lsb777

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Finally managed to get a TD. It's very lively as expected. Ride quite firm but goes with the style & performance of the car. Drove well and such an easy car to get about in, whether in town or on a faster road.

Launch control was fun and the upgrades to the seat/door trim gives it a more premium feel. One pedal driving worked a treat and came to a stop rather than a creep.

Some good deals on the MG Affinity page, especially if you avoid the green as the other colours are free.

Guessing it'll be at least an extra £100 p/m on top of my salary sacrifice quote for the Trophy though.

Finally managed to get a TD. It's very lively as expected. Ride quite firm but goes with the style & performance of the car. Drove well and such an easy car to get about in, whether in town or on a faster road.

Launch control was fun and the upgrades to the seat/door trim gives it a more premium feel. One pedal driving worked a treat and came to a stop rather than a creep.

Some good deals on the MG Affinity page, especially if you avoid the green as the other colours are free.

Guessing it'll be at least an extra £100 p/m on top of my salary sacrifice quote for the Trophy though.
Considerably more than a trophy if the finance example on the website is anything to go by, the GFV is only a £1000 more than a Trophy after 4 years, if bought on PCP just over £17k to the Trophy's £16k, that loss adds to the monthly payment

Hopefully it might not be. Leasing deals are roughly the same as the Trophy Long Range. I’m hoping and praying for about £50 more on my salary sacrifice scheme 🙏🏻

Considerably more than a trophy if the finance example on the website is anything to go by, the GFV is only a £1000 more than a Trophy after 4 years, if bought on PCP just over £17k to the Trophy's £16k, that loss adds to the monthly payment
As mentioned, I was looking at salary sacrifice, but will bear it in mind if I go down the PCP route instead.

It will be comparable as they have to take the depreciation into account and the fact they are expecting the X Power to take a £19k hit in 4 years will certainly impact all types of deals in some way (PCP, salary sacrifice, lease) they all have to factor in the depreciation

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom