Yellow Battery HV warning light and heater blower

Phil752

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Yellow battery HV warning light has started coming on intermittently on startup, strange that the heater blower also stops after about 30 secs, The HV warning light will go after switching off and on, sometimes take a couple or three cycles of the start switch, just strange both problems started at the same time, Booked into dealer Eric Steads on friday, see what comes of it

Yellow battery HV warning light has started coming on intermittently on startup, strange that the heater blower also stops after about 30 secs, The HV warning light will go after switching off and on, sometimes take a couple or three cycles of the start switch, just strange both problems started at the same time, Booked into dealer Eric Steads on friday, see what comes of it
Quick question - What is the condition / voltage displayed on your 12 volt battery ?.
Could it be a bit depleted ?.
If you have a smart charger, give it a quick boost and check again tomorrow.
Cant do any harm ?.

In recent days I've had the heater/aircon fan stop after a few minutes in both ECO and NORMAL mode. It will only stay on if set to maximum which is OK for a short burst but not a whole journey. Awaiting call back from dealer.

In recent days I've had the heater/aircon fan stop after a few minutes in both ECO and NORMAL mode. It will only stay on if set to maximum which is OK for a short burst but not a whole journey. Awaiting call back from dealer.
Just a guess, but it sound like the ballast resister that controls the volume / speeds of air being selected by the driver, then pushed through the heater box and out of the vents.
When you select the Max ( full ) speed of the fan, it bypasses the ballast resister to give Max speed / air flow.
It’s not the fan, because it is not cutting out when on full power.
Let us know what they say !.

Just a guess, but it sound like the ballast resister that controls the volume / speeds of air being selected by the driver, then pushed through the heater box and out of the vents.
When you select the Max ( full ) speed of the fan, it bypasses the ballast resister to give Max speed / air flow.
Will do - still waiting call back

That's a pretty common fault on a whole range of non EV cars albeit not necessarily when they are new.

mine fixed resister for heater reset for battery

yep spot on had it changed

reset for the HV Battery and rheostat resister replaced for the heater blower all under warranty of course and got the car valeted to boot
I would love to know what they do to reset the HV battery and more importantly, what causes this situation to occur in the very first place ????.
My guess is, it can only be a code to clear with the computer ?.
Cant see the majority of newly training EV Techs at the dealership being asked to play with HV pack in ANY way shape or form.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom