Zap map on car display

Johncc

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get zap map mirrored from an Android phone to the car display?
I can get Waze, Google maps and Amazon etc but not zap map.
Probably due to my ignorance so any help welcome and apologies if it's been asked before.

Hi Jhoncc
I'd like to know that too ,good question.
I noticed other day on setup of informative system that it only showing type 1 chargers and couple of others .No type two.Non I could see anyway.My interpretation of this is inbuilt maps should show charging stations.Not seen on yet.Had to use Google maps or Zap map.

I don't think Zapmap is set up for Android Auto. Plugshare appears on AA but I've not opened it to see what comes up.

EDIT.
It appears you can use Zapmap on AA by paying but it's not ready till September.

£7.99 a month or £47.99 a year

Last edited:
Hi,

I stumbled across this thread while reading through historic posts (doing some research on the MG5). I don't currently own an MG and my car doesn't have Android Auto so I don't know if this works.

The official site reports that it's possible but is a premium feature. I don't know if this helps and if it's different to what @defeatedbythecat mentioned?

In-car support FAQs - Zap-Map

Regards,

Wayne

Just noticed the disclaimer at the bottom of that page says that it's due for Android Auto by September.

Yeah that's not quite the pricing I was hoping for. I get they need to make money somehow but I dunno that feels a little expensive to me.

So I'd probably just stick to using it on my phone

Yeah. Pricing about as appealing as performing one's own testicular surgery with a rusty hole punch and an old soldering iron.

There is a free weeks trial I’m using Apple CarPlay.
Really glad I did because after planning a route in Zap-Map down some lanes in the Peak District on the phone app (with a stop at a charger half way), in CarPlay, the saved route is just a link that jumps to Apple Maps and routes to the charger with a default Apple route. 😡😒😡
Tried several times but couldn’t get it to navigate in the app…
If there’s no way round it, they won’t be getting my money!

Edit:
I just looked at the FAQ linked above and this is as designed in the app. Navigation is only handled by Apple Maps. 😝
Andy

Does it have the live status of the charger?
I dont think the app itself has live status but neither does zapmap or atleast not fully? Or does it? I thought these generic apps are only as good as the people who update them. To see the real time status don't you have to look at the actual app like shell, popping etc apps?

Interesting question. Zap-Map looks to be reporting both user and network status for some so might be getting info direct from provider’s API. Wonder if that info is available to anyone 🤔

2663E9A3-655A-468A-96E4-C2FD245296C7.png

Interesting question. Zap-Map looks to be reporting both user and network status for some so might be getting info direct from provider’s API. Wonder if that info is available to anyone 🤔

View attachment 4656
You'd expect those APIs be available as the more ways you can get someone to your charger the better right?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom