Zappi 207

Jomarkh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have just got a Zappi 207 7kw tethered wall box and had it installed a few days ago.
I am using it as a stand alone device, no solar panels etc, just connected to grid.
I want to set it to just use my Octopus Go night tariff between 0030 - 0430 i set the timer ok but it then went to fast charge after the timer had finished has anyone got more set up instructions for it and how do you update the software?

I have a zappi paired with our solar - I don't know the model number. I think you need to set it in one of the eco modes for it to wait, either for enough solar or for the timed top up charge.

I have a zappi paired with our solar - I don't know the model number. I think you need to set it in one of the eco modes for it to wait, either for enough solar or for the timed top up charge.
I have mine set to Eco + and it doesn't charge until off peak time. I don't have solar panels. I am with British gas but shortly changing to Octopus.

Please feel free to use my Octopus code below.
My starts at the right time but didn't turn off just switched to FAST.

I have mine set to Eco + and it doesn't charge until off peak time. I don't have solar panels. I am with British gas but shortly changing to Octopus.
Hi, could you let me know what CT settings you have. Plus do you have eSense on.
I had mine in ECO not + would that make a difference? And it seems to show power coming from the left sun picture but I am only on the grid...
I may add pictures tomorrow

Hi, could you let me know what CT settings you have. Plus do you have eSense on.
I had mine in ECO not + would that make a difference? And it seems to show power coming from the left sun picture but I am only on the grid...
I may add pictures tomorrow
I am indoors at the moment and the zappi is in my garage ..so this bit is from memory. Go into the memory on the Zappi and find the CT settings. I think you need the first setting for your incoming mains CT. I don't have eSense on.

Now go indoors and fire up you computer and go to https://www.myaccount.myenergi.com - note that myenergi is spelt correctly. Set up an account - it's free and secure. Then set up your account settings including the times of cheap rate. Then you need to tell it what time you need the car - I set it at the time of the end of cheap rate. Then what time the car will be plugged in - i set it to the start time of off peak. Then how much charge (in kWH or miles, i can't see it while I am typing this. Then you want to set renewables (I think) to 100% I don't have any solar so quite safe! THEN set it to Eco+ (I think it has to be plus).

Some of the above will be on the myEnergi App but it shouldn't show any sunshine if you don't have solar. My App has a green leaf in the centre of the screen, above that is a picture (icon) of a house, to the right an icon of an electricity pylon and to the left an icon showing a car with a plug. No sun!

Provided you schedule a charge then you should be OK. If you lived a bit nearer I would invite you here to see this as it is easier to do than describe.

Let me know how you get on.

Best of luck

Dave

Edited to say you set the renewables by first of all (on the App) touch the car icon and then move the slider to 100%

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom