Zappi Charger

Willie

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've just had a Myenergi Zappi charger installed in my garage but I'm finding it difficult to locate an energy supplier to give me off-peak rates, I'm currently with OVO, both them and Octopus say that they will be including more types of ev's and chargers to their current list, but they never do. The reason I went for the Zappi was of it's excellent write ups and reviews and also I intend to install solar panels in the near future. Does anyone else in the forum have the same problem. I would appreciate any advice given on this subject.

Get octopus go, there are other suppliers that members have but octopus go seems to be the best

Octopus are taking new customers.
OVO do an EV add on.
EDF have just released a new Tariff too.

For me, EDF ECO 20-20 was the cheapest tariff.
I have solar panels and battery storage though.

You need to see how much electricity you use in the day, and how much you can move on to the cheaper night tariff and how many cheap hours the provider gives you over the week. Some give 4 hours a night, some 6 hours, and some 10 hours. (EDF give 10 hours a night and all weekend)

Over the week, 4 hours at 7.5p will not be as cheap as 10 hours at 14p.

I've just had a Myenergi Zappi charger installed in my garage but I'm finding it difficult to locate an energy supplier to give me off-peak rates, I'm currently with OVO, both them and Octopus say that they will be including more types of ev's and chargers to their current list, but they never do. The reason I went for the Zappi was of it's excellent write ups and reviews and also I intend to install solar panels in the near future. Does anyone else in the forum have the same problem. I would appreciate any advice given on this subject.

The only restriction on Octopus is Intelligent Octopus which is car or charger limited.

As others have stated Octopus Go is perfectly usable with your charger and currently has a 9p off peak rate. Not quite as cheap as Intelligent, but close.

Just had my Zappi installed by Octopus - Octopus GO was mentioned as an option but no hard sell. I'm actually on an Octopus fixed price tariff that ends soon so will definitely be looking at it now I have my first EV.

Its only Octopus Intelligent that cant use the ZAPPI yet, they are working on it though. In the meantime, use Octopus GO, it's 9.5p off peak for 4 hours per night.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom