Zappi on Eco+

Zoomy

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Assuming a 2019 launch ZS with all updates applied correctly, will it work adequately on a Zappi in Eco+ mode and not go into zombie mode on purely solar charging? That is, after the sun comes out again after a cloudy spell has stopped it from charging.

I am aware of Eco mode and trickle charging.

I am considering a purchase, but to replace our existing charger at the price point involved will require car and charger to work effortlessly.

Assuming a 2019 launch ZS with all updates applied correctly, will it work adequately on a Zappi in Eco+ mode and not go into zombie mode on purely solar charging? That is, after the sun comes out again after a cloudy spell has stopped it from charging.

I am aware of Eco mode and trickle charging.

I am considering a purchase, but to replace our existing charger at the price point involved will require car and charger to work effortlessly.
From what I've seen on the MyEnergi forum as long as MG have updated it with the patch it should be fine.

I don't think it's the charger that ever caused the issue and Zappi is well equipped to be dealing with the solar charging.

We've got the new LR versions and they've had a couple of minor issues with Eco+ but most of the time it works as I'd expect it to. It worked every single time with my old BMW i3 without fail though. One of our cars sucked up 16kw of solar today which was awesome to see happening!

I can confirm that my ZS EV purchased in Nov 2021 (which was the 2019 model) worked perfectly with Zappi in ECO+ mode from day one and has continued to work after an update in mid 2022.

From what I've seen on the MyEnergi forum as long as MG have updated it with the patch it should be fine.

I don't think it's the charger that ever caused the issue and Zappi is well equipped to be dealing with the solar charging.

We've got the new LR versions and they've had a couple of minor issues with Eco+ but most of the time it works as I'd expect it to. It worked every single time with my old BMW i3 without fail though. One of our cars sucked up 16kw of solar today which was awesome to see happening!
What is the patch that you refer to here? Do you have any specific details? Had mine in the dealer 3 times and they can't get it to work at all... It will occasionally accept some charge until a cloud goes overhead then the ZS refuses to take any more. Or it just won't start in the first place. Have even spoken to MG directly who insist it's not happening...

Costing me a fortune in lost charging in this sunshiney week!

What is the patch that you refer to here? Do you have any specific details? Had mine in the dealer 3 times and they can't get it to work at all... It will occasionally accept some charge until a cloud goes overhead then the ZS refuses to take any more. Or it just won't start in the first place. Have even spoken to MG directly who insist it's not happening...

Costing me a fortune in lost charging in this sunshiney week!

I saw on the MyEnergi forum that they said an update was released for the old model.

For ours (Two 23 plate TC LR's) I've had to set some settings on each charger for eco+ - the stop timer to 120sec and have a delayed start on Eco+ of 30sec to account for the irregularities, it smooths it out so you'd import a very small amount as a cloud goes over but it won't confuse the car.

I feel like it's very much a car issue as it worked amazingly well on an i3 with only a 10sec delay.

Unfortunately there's not much support from MyEnergi as they think it's down to the car's firmware.

I saw on the MyEnergi forum that they said an update was released for the old model.

For ours (Two 23 plate TC LR's) I've had to set some settings on each charger for eco+ - the stop timer to 120sec and have a delayed start on Eco+ of 30sec to account for the irregularities, it smooths it out so you'd import a very small amount as a cloud goes over but it won't confuse the car.

I feel like it's very much a car issue as it worked amazingly well on an i3 with only a 10sec delay.

Unfortunately there's not much support from MyEnergi as they think it's down to the car's firmware.
Thanks - yes I've tried those settings and it did nothing to change it. Basically it won't accept anything that's not a stable 7kwish charge it seems.

I will persist with MG for now, who have gone silent on me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom