Zappi problems

RossN

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a Zappi/Harvi/Eddi fitted 2 days ago but I am finding it difficult to use the app to put my MG5 on a timed charge at night. On the app you have CHARGING MODE with fast/eco/eco+ and Stop. below that are the BOOST SETTINGS with manual/smart and Timed.
I have tried various settings but just want to charge the car from say 12.30 till 7am and each time I try putting the app on Timed the next time I open the app it has gone back to Manual so it didnt charge. When I plugged my car in on timed and closed the app I found out that it stated charging straight away. Any ideas from anyone with a Zappi. Thanks.

This thread may help, it shows what settings I have my Zappi set too for overnight charging:

In short:
ECO+ on the Zappi (100% renewables on the slider)
Scheduled 0.30 + 7.00 MTWTFSS

When I open the app the Manual tab is selected by default but the Scheduled tab saved the previously selected time range.

With the above settings my ZS starts charging from 0030 without fail.

Last edited:
Hi,

It was me who had this issue initially & put the post up.

Assuming you have the times in correctly, then press timed, then Eco+. It should then have a think for a few secs and come up with ”waiting for surplus” & come up with the greyed out egg timer symbol in the top right. Going back to the main screen should then show the blue Zappi/car logo with a pause setting. The Zappi itself should show ”waiting for surplus” on the LCD.

Its not very intuitive is it! What‘s any surplus got to do with a timed charge.

The good news is that to do this on an ongoing basis, all you have to do is plug the car in & check the Zappi LCD has the “waiting” message and it will work with no need to touch the app.

Let us know how you get on 🤞

Rob

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom