Zero Range with Remaining SOC 6%!!!!

Reaction score
I was doing a test of ABRP last week and had run the car down to a remaining range of 26km. I plugged in at home to get the car to show the remaining SOC% which was 9%.

Start SOC.JPG

I had put in a WayPoint in ABRP so I could charge at a 150kW charger to see what speed I would get, and also to check the charging time ABRP had estmated in order to arrive at my destination with a remaining SOC of 10%. Distance to the charger was just over 9km. I was about 1 km from the charger when the range went from 16 to "- -" I switched to ECO mode and range showed 16km went back to N and it again displayed "- -". Returned to ECO and range now showed "- -". Have been driving an EV for over 7 years and have never seen the range show zero, even when I drove my i-Pace down to 5km. Anyway, as 1battery step was being shown, assumed my range was still there and continued to the charging station.

No range.jpg

Plugged the car in and the charger showed remaining SOC of 6% which in fact is what ABRP estimated arrival SOC% would be. ABRP also estimated10 mins to charge to 33% SOC which in fact is how long it took(y)

Has anyone else seen their range just vanish and replaced with "- -"?

Attachments

• Arrival SOC.JPG
    Arrival SOC.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 146
Yes, it seems to do that at about 10 miles left in the tank.

I have said before, this is when you really need to see how many miles are left. Bit like an echo sounder on a boat, its at its most useful when you are in a couple of metres of water...

The once it happened to me, luckily I was within two miles of the rapid charger, the dash said the battery was down to 4%

Does it show "- - -" on the centre screen when you pull/push the battery button ?

Here is the website link

Yes, I've had a few of those ---. First time it came very unexepected when I had 13 km to go to a charger and 15km estimated range. The last couple of km were steep downhill, I made it with 2% charge left. Never been worried since then.

I wouldn’t rely on info on screen when you are plugged in charging at home. I have noticed that it displays slightly higher figures compared to gom when I unplug and check after a full charge. Get a Veepeak OBDll BLE+ car scanner or similar if you are going to be running so close to zero? You are braver than me.🙈🙈🙈 I am going to test my Veepeak.🙈

It's normal --- and is very annoying in my opinion.
I'm with you, this is exactly the time when I would really really like to know how much juice I've got left!
I've said it before, I'll say it again....wouldn't' it be helpful it we actually had a SOC % or kW remaining display......

I was doing a test of ABRP last week and had run the car down to a remaining range of 26km. I plugged in at home to get the car to show the remaining SOC% which was 9%.

View attachment 3256

I had put in a WayPoint in ABRP so I could charge at a 150kW charger to see what speed I would get, and also to check the charging time ABRP had estmated in order to arrive at my destination with a remaining SOC of 10%. Distance to the charger was just over 9km. I was about 1 km from the charger when the range went from 16 to "- -" I switched to ECO mode and range showed 16km went back to N and it again displayed "- -". Returned to ECO and range now showed "- -". Have been driving an EV for over 7 years and have never seen the range show zero, even when I drove my i-Pace down to 5km. Anyway, as 1battery step was being shown, assumed my range was still there and continued to the charging station.

View attachment 3257

Plugged the car in and the charger showed remaining SOC of 6% which in fact is what ABRP estimated arrival SOC% would be. ABRP also estimated10 mins to charge to 33% SOC which in fact is how long it took(y)

Has anyone else seen their range just vanish and replaced with "- -"?
Yes, we have seen this, usually appears around the 15 klms remaining mark. Unfortunately I have never charged from a rapid charger (with info screen) at this point to show the actual SOC.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom