ZS EV (2020) heating issue

mattdav

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I think we have an issue with the heating in our 2020 ZS EV. It appears that the heating is either on or off.

When we get in the car on a cold morning, we put the heating on. When it gets warm enough, we turn the heat down. The heat control has 'blobs' on the infotainment screen that run from blue to red with a grey one in the middle. If you're on the grey blob then the air is freezing, if you click to the first red blob then you get too hot. So we spend our time alternating between getting too hot or getting too cold. It's most noticeable when we have heat directed to feet.

I'm not sure I've explained that very well but it seems the heat is either on or off, there's no warm setting.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I think we have an issue with the heating in our 2020 ZS EV. It appears that the heating is either on or off.

When we get in the car on a cold morning, we put the heating on. When it gets warm enough, we turn the heat down. The heat control has 'blobs' on the infotainment screen that run from blue to red with a grey one in the middle. If you're on the grey blob then the air is freezing, if you click to the first red blob then you get too hot. So we spend our time alternating between getting too hot or getting too cold. It's most noticeable when we have heat directed to feet.

I'm not sure I've explained that very well but it seems the heat is either on or off, there's no warm setting.

Has anyone else had this problem?
ZS EV Gen 1 owners have experienced problems with their heaters, it has more often than not, been the heater resistor control unit.
It looks like this.

Heater Resistor 2022-11-13 at 18.05.34.png

ZS EV Gen 1 owners have experienced problems with their heaters, it has more often than not, been the heater resistor control unit.
It looks like this.

View attachment 12716

Ah ok, thanks. I suspect that's the culprit then. Have a few niggles with the car - phone call to MG tomorrow to get it booked in.

I thought the resistor was just for fan speed or does it also affect the heat setting ?
Can you turn the fan down or is it only low speed and max speed ?
heat wise, I'd love to have mine "hot"on 1 blob.

I thought the resistor was just for fan speed or does it also affect the heat setting ?
Can you turn the fan down or is it only low speed and max speed ?
heat wise, I'd love to have mine "hot"on 1 blob.
I'll have to take a look at that. I was going to say it's just the heat setting that's affected.... but now you come to mention it, I wonder about the fan speed.

Will report back.

If you keep turning the heater control knob you get increments of hot or cold. If you only stay on the first blob thats the hottest setting. Keep turning the heater control knob. You have to turn it a lot for the increments to change.

If you keep turning the heater control knob you get increments of hot or cold. If you only stay on the first blob thats the hottest setting. Keep turning the heater control knob. You have to turn it a lot for the increments to change.
1 red blob is the lowest not the hottest, a full row of red blobs is the highest.

I'll have to take a look at that. I was going to say it's just the heat setting that's affected.... but now you come to mention it, I wonder about the fan speed.

Will report back.
Quick reminder @mattdav .
If you are driving in ECO mode, then heat provided to the cabin will be automatically reduced significantly !.
Switching to NORMAL or SPORT will give you a full range of heat settings, from COOL 🥶 to MAX🥵 heat into the cabin space.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom