ZS EV 2022 Thai App v2.8

MG ZS EV WEST YORKSHIRE

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've just got hold of the latest Thai Android V2.8 app that displays data from the ZS EV 2022 including BMS and EVCC software versions. Why might you need all of this additional car data I hear you ask when we now have the SoC % now unlike on the MKI ZS EV. For me, I like to see hidden stats like battery temperature as on longer journeys if you're topping up at a rapid charger when the battery is still cold <20c your charge speed will be slower. Using the battery heater on the ZS EV 2022 will improve the speed so this data helps. Ps the SoC% on the Thai app is about 3% out compared to UK cars as they use a different BMS in Thailand. #betatesting

Attachments

• EZSapp3.jpg
    EZSapp3.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 248
  • EZSapp4.jpg
    EZSapp4.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 227
  • EZSapp5.jpg
    EZSapp5.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 232
  • EZSapp6.jpg
    EZSapp6.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 213
  • EZSapp7.jpg
    EZSapp7.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 249
  • EZSapp10.jpg
    EZSapp10.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 211
  • EZSapp9.jpg
    EZSapp9.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 210
  • EZSapp8.jpg
    EZSapp8.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 214
  • EZSapp11.jpg
    EZSapp11.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 207
  • EZSapp12.jpg
    EZSapp12.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Ps the SoC% on the Thai app is about 3% out compared to UK cars as they use a different BMS in Thailand.
I think it's more likely that they are reporting real SoC, as opposed to "display" or "usable" SoC that the car shows. So the difference is due to the upper and lower buffers.

I hope to see a download link soon. [ Edit: I found a link; see next post. ] Looking good!

Last edited:
Can I ask how you got it on your phone?
This post has the updated (V2.8) .apk:

[ Edit September 2022: Added "(V2.8)" ]

Last edited:
This post has the updated .apk:

Does this new version still work on the 2020 Gen1

Does this new version still work on the 2020 Gen1
Yes, I just tried it.

First time, it would not update the firmware versions; the update button was disabled. I wanted to check versions after a recent service (my first, one-year service; no versions changed). So I went back to my patched firmware, checked them, and went back to 2.8 again. This time it worked. It never was the most stable of applications, though it seems to be improving with time.

The error codes was interesting; I found rather a lot of errors stored in my 13 month old Mark I:

Screenshot Error codes 22-6-11.jpg

Interesting mix of mostly Thai and some English. When I run Google Lens on the top part:

Screenshot Error codes 22-6-11 translated cropped.jpg

Are others finding these errors, MK1 or face lift?

Hi, just tried the 2.8 version, it still doesn’t work in my 2022 51Kwh ZS2 model. The app keeps crashing when establishing connection with the car

The eZS 2.8 app crashes each time it connects to the car, but the « Car scanner » app can read very little informations : see picture attached.
It can rear motor temp, coolant temp, car interior temp, exterior temp and 12V voltage
F9614418-B673-4853-AA9C-6B9357A3CEE6.jpeg

Will the app work with a dongle like this :
It's hard to say, especially from just a photo.

But that one looks like one of the cheaper ones. Generally, for these apps, you need to go at least one run up the quality ladder.

One way to tell if it's not junk is if they advertise that it supports the ATPPS instruction. Also mention of a PIC18... chip seems to indicate it's got enough room to emulate all the needed ELM327 instructions.

Mention of "ELM327" means nothing any more. Virtually none of them actually uses this Canadian designed chip; it's too expensive. That's why they are "emulating".

But that one looks like one of the cheaper ones. Generally, for these apps, you need to go at least one run up the quality ladder.

One way to tell if it's not junk is if they advertise that it supports the ATPPS instruction. Also mention of a PIC18... chip seems to indicate it's got enough room to emulate all the needed ELM327 instructions.

Mention of "ELM327" means nothing any more. Virtually none of them actually uses this Canadian designed chip; it's too expensive. That's why they are "emulating".

I heard multiple times that the OBD link LX is the best in class.
It’s expensive, but apparently it’s cost is justified.
OBDLink LX 427201 Scantool Bluetooth Outil de Diagnostic OBD-II Professionnel pour Android et Windows https://amzn.eu/d/fGk8iNS

I personally have a cheap OBD dongle that worked great with my former Peugeot e-208.
I will try the OBD Link X to see if the app stop crashing on my ZS EV

The app works with a £6.50 ali express Nexpeak Pro 1 OBDII that the developer uses in Thailand.

Hello all,

Thanks @lukemo, dongle received and working very well with eZS thai appli (yeahhh, SOH is still 100% fter 10000 km with MG ZS EV LR 2022 !!).

Wondering if there is some source code ? 'coz as a software developer myself i'm very curious about car-can magic under this app !

Hello all,

Thanks @lukemo, dongle received and working very well with eZS thai appli (yeahhh, SOH is still 100% fter 10000 km with MG ZS EV LR 2022 !!).

Wondering if there is some source code ? 'coz as a software developer myself i'm very curious about car-can magic under this app !
Great stuff :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom