ZS EV: Apple CarPlay inerrupting;

MichaelJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello from Austria,

We got our black ZS EV 2 weeks ago & are happy with it so far. There is only one issue. When i connect my iPhone (XR) to the Car via USB-Cable it is detected by the MG & i can use CarPlay. But from time to time (quite often to be honest) the connection is suddenly interrupted.... (even while playing music or doing GPS navigation on CarPlay). This is kind of annoying.... Has anyone else similar troubles? I am using a "third-party"-Connection Cable... but i thought as long as the connection is possible at all the cable won't be the issue.... Got to try an original cable soon. Just wanted to ask if there are similar experiences or workarounds...

thx & regards,

Michael

I had the same. The cable is a big factor. This thread nay help.

Hello from Austria,

We got our black ZS EV 2 weeks ago & are happy with it so far. There is only one issue. When i connect my iPhone (XR) to the Car via USB-Cable it is detected by the MG & i can use CarPlay. But from time to time (quite often to be honest) the connection is suddenly interrupted.... (even while playing music or doing GPS navigation on CarPlay). This is kind of annoying.... Has anyone else similar troubles? I am using a "third-party"-Connection Cable... but i thought as long as the connection is possible at all the cable won't be the issue.... Got to try an original cable soon. Just wanted to ask if there are similar experiences or workarounds...

thx & regards,

Michael
I haven't had this, I use a MFi certified cable and carplay works great.

I get exactly this - only this week I using experimenting with Apple Maps when Carplay dropped out. I fix it by disconnecting/reconnecting the usb cable in the console. Cable type has made no difference. It's so unreliable for me I now use blouetooth to connect my phone to the car, because at least this way I can still take/make calls. Carplay drops out and I often don't notice.

I tried several different cables and thought at the time that I was wasting my time, but I persevered. My experience is that if you get the right cable it works great. I now use either the oem apple cable or Anker and they work without issues. Unlike just charging using these cables, there is data tranfer also and I think this can make them particularly sensitive to some makes of cable. Previously carplay would constantly drop out.

Hi looking for some help, I have just purchased a ZS EV and car play won’t connect, I used the same cable that was used in my previous car and worked perfectly, car play shows up on the main screen but when pressed it does nothing, my phone is latest model and latest software, car play is enabled and I have tried both USB ports, appreciate some guidance

I'm having a disaster with Apple CarPlay in my MG ZS EV 2020. Bought the OEM Apple cable, an authorized MG dealer has fully replaced the Apple CarPlay USB port and associated hardware and I've bought a phone holder fixed to my windscreen so the cable and phone are secure. Following all off this Apple CarPlay still disconnects very often. I've now run out of options and still taring my hair out. Considering contacting Apple for advice as a last resort.

I'm having a disaster with Apple CarPlay in my MG ZS EV 2020. Bought the OEM Apple cable, an authorized MG dealer has fully replaced the Apple CarPlay USB port and associated hardware and I've bought a phone holder fixed to my windscreen so the cable and phone are secure. Following all off this Apple CarPlay still disconnects very often. I've now run out of options and still taring my hair out. Considering contacting Apple for advice as a last resort.
I would try a few different cable. I had the same issue and eventually I found a cable that worked fine

Hi looking for some help, I have just purchased a ZS EV and car play won’t connect, I used the same cable that was used in my previous car and worked perfectly, car play shows up on the main screen but when pressed it does nothing, my phone is latest model and latest software, car play is enabled and I have tried both USB ports, appreciate some guidance
Is car play switched on
On phone settings

Other things to try if people are having problems.

Go on your iPhone settings > general > CarPlay. In there you can remove your car and then plug into your car again see if that helps.

Also a simple thing, make sure there’s no lint in the bottom of your iPhone’s lightning port.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom