MG ASH

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello,

I Have a MG ZS EV Long range car. On the second year now and finding this season the battery lower than ever. It had a fault where on the 7KW charge it was only charging at 2.9 - 3.1KW . so went to MG they found a fault with the female Socket on the car and put a new one on. Worked ok back up to 6.9kw.
There is now a light on the same socket which stays on see image which stays on. There are 2 questions please?
1 - Is there a problem with the light on and does this mean the battery needs refreshing?
2 - Should the battery heater be on constantly 24hours?

look forward to any help.
MG Light on socket.jpg

Hello,

Just to advise. had this checked out and apparently it is a short at the back. They have ordered the part to replace. Note - it did not effect the performance of the car or changing.

hope some people found helpful

Thank You,

Just one more question on the heater.

When do i need to use the battery heater, just in winter and off in summer, or just when i charge the car?

Thanks

People who are clocking up big miles on long journeys, tend to use the battery heater prior to using a rapid D/C charger.
Raising the temperature of the battery can increase the charging speed and get them on their way faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom