ZS EV - couple of things..

RHA

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I picked up our Blue LR TC last Saturday and all is well when it comes to driving it (on 150miles now).. however the rear passenger door handle does not let anyone out, even with the double pull and ensuring child lock is definitely off. This isn't the best start!

Also I have a high frequency vibration noise from the drivers pillar by the windscreen that from reading the forum I know that should be easily fixed with some foam strip.

Lastly found some kind of knocking noise that sounds like it's coming from the rear, but couldn't pinpoint it when I sat in the back. More pronounced when going over a bit of uneven road or turning left.

Any ideas of things to check to try and find the back knock?

I am going to ask the dealer about it when we pick up my wife's car this weekend, they've been great when it comes to sales so I hope their service team are also decent!

Re the handles, try reading here and see if it's similar to your issue: MG ZS EV Door handles locks faulty or is there a knack?

For the knock, see what search yields if nobody has any suggestions
Thanks, have tried searching and all the usual things with the door handle so it's probably a case of a new part to replace it from MG.

I'm hoping they'll be able to find the knock when they have it but just thought to ask in case anyone had similar. It's not the parcel shelf, seatbelts or anything visible that I could see. Haven't managed to isolate it by pushing something yet, unlike the front pillar!

It's not the parcel shelf, seatbelts or anything visible that I could see. Haven't managed to isolate it by pushing something yet, unlike the front pillar!
Try removing everything from the boot and test drive again, if the noise is still there, drop the one of the back seats and test drive again.

Have spoken to the dealer, they have had a similar issue on another ZS EV before and they think that the connections to unlock the door with the handle have come disconnected inside the door, that would explain the knocking noise as well.

Booked in for a week's time and they'll check it out. No problems at all.

According to Mike Proctor's video on removing the seat backs, there is a plastic bush on the pivot point (where they join) that can easily be displaced if the seat backs are removed. It may be worth checking if it is still present.
See at 1:50 into the video.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom