ZS EV Exclusive (gen 1) - is a reversing camera or light upgrade possible?

hoverdonkey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the stock reversing camera with one that is better in low light? Or else is there a brighter reversing light available?

I have to frequently reverse up a long winding unlit drive at night. The reversing camera is all but useless in the dark. I do keep it clean.

Thanks.

An LED upgrade to the reversing lamp would bring about some improvement but that may not be sufficient for your needs.

An LED upgrade to the reversing lamp would bring about some improvement but that may not be sufficient for your needs.

Thanks. I've just ordered some, supposedly 1000 lumens... I'll report back once tested...

I've just looked-up how to change the bulbs... SAIC didn't make it easy for us!

Here you go !.

Thank you! I had in fact seen those vids, and both were very helpful (it is how I learned how to change the bulb).

The chap did not find the Osram LED bulb's to be very good, but I think he mentions that they are only 300 lumens. Hoping the ones I got will be better as they are supposedly 1000 lumens... but I know these lumens ratings are flakey... but they do get good reviews.

I'm just about to go out and fit them, I'll post back when I have tried them in the dark.

I just orchestrated a reverse manoeuvre in the dark :)

The LED bulbs are a definite improvement. It's not Wembley by night, the image on screen is still fuzzy, but I can now see more, enough to reverse confidently, which was the objective. The view through the wing mirrors is also usefully improved. All in all, I'm happy with the £12 upgrade.

This is they:
Amazon product ASIN B07CMYK2D9
The description claims 1000 lumens per bulb. I have since seen these, which are slightly cheaper and which claim 2000 lumens per bulb:
Amazon product ASIN B0911X7XM6
... but I'll resist temptation and keep my money in my pocket, as the ones I have got do the job.

Thanks for the help, hope my results can help someone else in return.

Last edited:
It may help you to upgrade your number plate bulbs to led too. Makes a massive difference to what you can see on the ground in my other car albeit quite close but may assist your situ 👍

It may help you to upgrade your number plate bulbs to led too. Makes a massive difference to what you can see on the ground in my other car albeit quite close but may assist your situ 👍
I'll have a look at it, thank you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom