ZS EV Facelift India

Marcad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read that there is a new facelift model of the ZS EV coming out tomorrow in India, Whilst we, in Europe are well behind them in terms of spec, no app and not configured for internet it will point us at where the styling is going. I note they state it will have a 10.1 floating infotainment screen. There is also speculation about
"The existing model is equipped with several comfort and convenience features. The new model could get additional features such as auto-dimming IRVM, LED headlamps, ventilated & heated front seats, wireless phone charging and auto AC."
That would tick a few boxes!
Found here

The launch in India of the 2021 ZS EV has happened. Interesting advert at the beginning, almost thought we were getting the app:rolleyes: Not a lot of change, no climate control but higher ride height and an increased range from a 44.5kWt HT battery claiming 419km on a single charge with, they claim real world range between 300 and 400 km that is, if we take the middle as 350km 217miles.....impressive I think.
You can watch here

I wonder if they use the dense battery technology for the new version? EV manufacturers are trying get away from battery sizes - move more towards performance. It’s similar to ICE - for many Years performance was based linked to engine size - now through improved technology there’s great performance and economy available with small capacity engines. As battery packs improve smaller capacity batteries will provide improved range and performance - and added weight savings.

From the launch video, there are no changes to interior or exterior styling. The battery is supposed to be new, with a max range of 419kms, but how that compares to WLTP no idea. Other changes are increased ground clearance and a different profile for the 17" wheels, 55 versus 50 that I believe is standard for Europe. Just wish we had the app that comes as standard with the Indian car:cry:

Looked at the specs for the older version and under the Indian system (ARAI) it was certified as 340km (212miles) versus a WLTP range of 263km (164 miles) if we use 419km (ARAI) then we are looking at WLTP figures of 324km and 202 miles, which would certainly be a useful improvement on what we have today.

I agree - still not sure how they achieve it though 🙂

Isn't the whole issue down to the European GDPR regs? I did note Dominic managed to access the app from Pinner High Street ;):giggle:

The launch in India of the 2021 ZS EV has happened. Interesting advert at the beginning, almost thought we were getting the app:rolleyes: Not a lot of change, no climate control but higher ride height and an increased range from a 44.5kWt HT battery claiming 419km on a single charge with, they claim real world range between 300 and 400 km that is, if we take the middle as 350km 217miles.....impressive I think.
You can watch here

Not hard to increase the range with a larger battery and no climate control. LOL !.

I decided to buy it but at this point it is better to wait for the new version. Is there any news on the release in Europe of the 2021 version with app and improved battery?

I decided to buy it but at this point it is better to wait for the new version. Is there any news on the release in Europe of the 2021 version with app and improved battery?
If you listen to the MG EV Forum podcast last night Miles from MG Chorley has said maybe late 2021, but it will be like the new ICE facelift, but nothing confirmed yet..

I have read that there is a new facelift model of the ZS EV coming out tomorrow in India, Whilst we, in Europe are well behind them in terms of spec, no app and not configured for internet it will point us at where the styling is going. I note they state it will have a 10.1 floating infotainment screen. There is also speculation about
"The existing model is equipped with several comfort and convenience features. The new model could get additional features such as auto-dimming IRVM, LED headlamps, ventilated & heated front seats, wireless phone charging and auto AC."
That would tick a few boxes!
Found here
Also has the higher spec. HV battery and longer range similar to the 5

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom