ZS EV first year service cost....?

AK OK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Starting to shop around for a first year service on my mark 1 ZS EV... I'm at 3500 miles... Service due next month say..

Any one got recent cost/service experiences to throw in the pot for consideration?

In reality it can go anywhere M62 corridor or thereabouts but I (& maybe others?) would be interested in all & any info & experiences 👍

PM me if you don't want it "in public"?

(I was looking at a screenshot from MG.co.uk from maybe a year ago where the first year service had a "price" of £30 odd quid 🤣, needless to say that is well deleted from their www now)

Thanks

Last edited:
Should be round £84 15k miles that's with the extra year AA it's worth calling a few dealers in your range

Just look that price has gone up this month to £102 like everything I suppose
The extra £28 would not bother me to much for confidence if local

Low miles 1 to 6 years
Screenshot_20220608_154632.jpg

Prices include vat and AA cover oh and a bear
Screenshot_20220608_155557.jpg

Last edited:
I am paying 6.54 a month for the 3 year service plan with my dealer (Baylis MG Gloucester)
Clearly I'm not on a service plan hence the interest in "pay as you go".

Presumably at that price you are not on a low mileage service scheme?

Where did your screenshot of the "low miles 1-6 years" pricing come from ?

Clearly I'm not on a service plan hence the interest in "pay as you go".

Presumably at that price you are not on a low mileage service scheme?

I am not familiar with what they class as "low mileage" but it's their standard service plan they offer for the ZS EV at Baylis... and considering every other service plan I have ever had on previous cars is £20 plus I am more than happy with sub 7 quid :)

And that works out at 78 pounds per year, meaning I get a decent inspection every year and AA cover for 12 months, plus my brake fluid and pollen filter changing at year 2.

I am paying 6.54 a month for the 3 year service plan with my dealer (Baylis MG Gloucester)
So your only paying £10 more to spread the cost so pritty much works out same price over 3 years
Your paying £235 over 3years
And just getting service done is £224 over 3years
Not much in it really

So your only paying £10 more to spread the cost so pritty much works out same price over 3 years
Your paying £235 over 3years
And just getting service done is £224 over 3years
Not much in it really
I think it depends on the dealership... Blights Motors MG for three years is 332.02

I am not familiar with what they class as "low mileage" but it's their standard service plan they offer for the ZS EV at Baylis... and considering every other service plan I have ever had on previous cars is £20 plus I am more than happy with sub 7 quid :)
Look at that brown & gammons link N2STY posted up thread..

(I also now realise it was N2STY who posted the "low miles 1-6 years" screenshot)

When I tot up the first 3 years services from that screenshot & divide by 36 months I get £6.22 a month, which is less than your £6.54. I suppose you may get 1 MOT test at the end of 3 years?

But I hope you are getting more bangs for your bucks than the upthread low mileage service plan 👍

Have just seen new service plans
Here is the link
MG Service Plans - Brown and Gammons

View attachment 8819

View attachment 8823

They are for 15k miles and they can give you a custom quote for you required miles

On a side note low miles service is from £39 including vat AA and bear
View attachment 8822
Prices are 1 to 6 years under 10k miles

Here is the link
MG Servicing For Used Cars In Baldock Hertfordshire - Brown & Gammons
All links are in this post

Look at that brown & gammons link N2STY posted up thread..

(I also now realise it was N2STY who posted the "low miles 1-6 years" screenshot)

When I tot up the first 3 years services from that screenshot & divide by 36 months I get £6.22 a month, which is less than your £6.54. I suppose you may get 1 MOT test at the end of 3 years?

But I hope you are getting more bangs for your bucks than the upthread low mileage service plan 👍
All these dealerships are franchises so I am not surprised that there are different prices for different locations etc... I remember one post from someone who was being quoted quite a high figure because of the "London Tax" based on where they live and the garage being in London...

All these dealerships are franchises so I am not surprised that there are different prices for different locations etc... I remember one post from someone who was being quoted quite a high figure because of the "London Tax" based on where they live and the garage being in London...
Indeed hence the thread👍

It's nice to see a dealer displaying their prices on their website unlike most that tell you all about it but then you have to make enquiry

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom