ZS EV for a manual wheelchair user?

PremierscfcEV

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Does anyone think the original or facelifted ZS EV is suitable for a manual wheelchair user? My current car allows me to store my chair vertically, with the removable large wheels fitted, I'm wondering if any of our forum members have any experience with this?

Last edited:
Does anyone think the original or facelifted ZS EV is suitable for a manual wheelchair user? My current car allows me to store my chair vertically, with the removable large wheels fitted, I'm wondering if any of our forum members have any experience with this?
What is the height of your wheelchair?

Sorry for the delay, Its 78cm to the top of the arm with the wheels fitted and 62cm if the wheels were to be removed.

Attachments

• 20211202_183739.jpg
    20211202_183739.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 138
Not sure if this helps - but I use this to check as a first step - ZS EV Luxury 5dr saloon 2021 | RiDC

My gut feeling, looking at the boot is (and using my older daughter's wheelchair as a mental test - she is 5ft 7), you could fit it in with wheels on if you can fold the handles down (which it looks like you can from the picture). I am not sure about with the stand though. It would also need to probably go sideways, so you would need something to protect the window when you brake and it bumps against the back windscreen.

I personally haven't tried a wheelchair in there, I think the best option is to go to the showroom and try it yourself. There is a lip into the boot, so lifting the wheelchair in and out might be more of a pain (depending on the weight of the chair).

Not sure if this helps - but I use this to check as a first step - ZS EV Luxury 5dr saloon 2021 | RiDC

My gut feeling, looking at the boot is (and using my older daughter's wheelchair as a mental test - she is 5ft 7), you could fit it in with wheels on if you can fold the handles down (which it looks like you can from the picture). I am not sure about with the stand though. It would also need to probably go sideways, so you would need something to protect the window when you brake and it bumps against the back windscreen.

I personally haven't tried a wheelchair in there, I think the best option is to go to the showroom and try it yourself. There is a lip into the boot, so lifting the wheelchair in and out might be more of a pain (depending on the weight of the chair).
Thanks for your help, I will definitely get it checked out at a dealer. Do you have an MG EV, if so do you like it?

Thanks for your help, I will definitely get it checked out at a dealer. Do you have an MG EV, if so do you like it?
Not yet. I have ordered one - expected March. Yes, I really like it! Just 45 minutes in the car for the test drive sold me. I think also just seeing what others on the forum are saying confirmed my feelings during the test drive. Good luck - hope it works out for you.

I have put a 79cm flattened box in my Gen1 ZS EV and it fits height wise. Do not know the depth of your wheelchair but the box is 54cm deep. The seat could be removed but there would be a bit of a ridge. Probably plenty of room to jiggle or use the double seat space.
good luck.

Attachments

• 28C2A370-65C3-4587-8F69-C913002F676B.jpeg
    28C2A370-65C3-4587-8F69-C913002F676B.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 6465D68F-FA9A-42AC-B1F7-F6D5FF829F0E.jpeg
    6465D68F-FA9A-42AC-B1F7-F6D5FF829F0E.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 46D76D07-8E2A-4995-9E5C-0EFB6BE64461.jpeg
    46D76D07-8E2A-4995-9E5C-0EFB6BE64461.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 121
  • CC78C0C4-AAD8-48C4-882C-0BB46BACDF79.jpeg
    CC78C0C4-AAD8-48C4-882C-0BB46BACDF79.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 133
I have put a 79cm flattened box in my Gen1 ZS EV and it fits height wise. Do not know the depth of your wheelchair but the box is 54cm deep. The seat could be removed but there would be a bit of a ridge. Probably plenty of room to jiggle or use the double seat space.
good luck.
The wheelchair is 79cm depth so I would probably have to put it up against the back of seats.

Thanks for your help.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom