ZS EV Gearknob/Selector problem

n0de

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I just noticed that the foil was peeling around the 'P' symbol on mine - now it's just a jagged edge... has anyone else come across this issue? (wonder if that's covered by warranty?)

1645650511716.png

IT seems a common issue, Though I've not had it in over 2 years of ownership. The Dealer should replace under warranty.

Agreed - I've read reports on here of it happening and being changed under warranty. Not happened to mine though.

We had the selector knob on Mrs P's ZS EV replaced under warranty at the same time as the steering column. Took months for the parts to arrive though

As an example of good customer service, I had this badge replaced by Honda under warranty when the car was just a couple of weeks short of 3 years old!
type-r.JPG

Generally, internal trim items are only covered in the first year of the warranty.
Not sure with MG cars ?.
We found this out once, when we owned a brand new Vauxhall Corsa ( wife's car ).
The plastic hinge on the rear parcel shelve failed and the parcel shelve itself, would try to attack you in the face, when you lifted up the tail gate.
The car was only 13 months old and the warranty claim was rejected under the T&C's !.
I was directed to the stores department, by the service receptionist.
The good was, that the new plastic hinge was only £11 and screwed into place with three screws and was fixed in about 5 minutes flat.
Get it booked in ASAP and while you are waiting for the parts, you will have plenty of time to check through the T&C's of the warranty.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom