ZS EV -Infotainment display screen dead

Sumi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My ZS EV -less than a year old, showed first signs of worry today when the display screen went blank, and refuses to power back up 😟

The radio and sat nav completely unusable at the moment, and am away on a driving holiday which is terribly frustrating.

Called the MG service garage who have asked the car to be brought in in 8 days time…. Is there anyone who has had this problem and may be able to offer some remedies in the meantime please?
Thank you, Sumi

I’ve had mine go blank as many others have had. I guess you’ve tried holding the centre button in for around 20secs to reset? Mine usually comes back on after a while. I believe there’s an update available for this issue from MG. you could also disconnect and reconnect the 12v battery if you’re feeling adventurous 🙂

I’ve had mine go blank as many others have had. I guess you’ve tried holding the centre button in for around 20secs to reset? Mine usually comes back on after a while. I believe there’s an update available for this issue from MG. you could also disconnect and reconnect the 12v battery if you’re feeling adventurous 🙂
Good advice from @Cocijo .
If the info unit does not recover itself, then try and locate a 10mm spanner and disconnect the negative terminal on the 12 volt battery under the bonnet.
Leave the lead disconnected, for about 20 minutes and then reconnect and tighten down the clamp, the info unit should have now restored itself.
There is a recent software update released by MG to help with the crashing problems on the ZS EV unit.
MG Service Bulletin 0020 I think it is listed under.
Good luck and enjoy your hols !.

My ZS EV -less than a year old, showed first signs of worry today when the display screen went blank, and refuses to power back up 😟

The radio and sat nav completely unusable at the moment, and am away on a driving holiday which is terribly frustrating.

Called the MG service garage who have asked the car to be brought in in 8 days time…. Is there anyone who has had this problem and may be able to offer some remedies in the meantime please?
Thank you, Sumi
There is an update for this issue being applied to cars now. Had mine done earlier this month, it also speeds up the response of the system, slightly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom