ZS EV on the German Autobahn - top speed!

They will quickly go to a ton - then it’s time to charge the battery!

I've seen higher than that indicated on the speedo, but unless you have a GPS speedometer you can't trust the dials 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ve found the speedo to be quite accurate - comparing with various GPS displayed speeds - e.g. carcam, satnav - it’s usually about 1 or 2 mph below the gps speed.

I’ve found the speedo to be quite accurate - comparing with various GPS displayed speeds - e.g. carcam, satnav - it’s usually about 1 or 2 mph below the gps speed.
That was one of the first things I checked once I got the car. Always a good thing to know.

Below ?
I thought the requirements were it could read up to 10% above but not below the actual speed.

I’m not sure but on most cars I’ve had the cars speedo is always a little below the gps speed reading

I’m not sure but on most cars I’ve had the cars speedo is always a little below the gps speed reading
Mine have always read above, the Priuses were up near the 10% over the GPS dashcam and those "your speed is" signs.

Interesting. I’ve not experienced that. I tend to cross check at times and i can usually go up a little on the cars speedo if I want to compared to what the gps says. I’ve always thought the manufacturer deliberately makes their speedos reading slightly on the low side compared to the actual speed travelled. But hey I’m no expert - just my experience with my cars. 🙂

If they were allowed to read under you could be breaking the speed limit without knowing.

i’m not explaining it very well am I! I’m saying the cars speedo reads typically above what the actual speed is - I’m assuming gps is more accurate. Generally cars that I’ve owned show speeds that are in fact slightly above the actual speed. E.g car shows 30mph - gps 29mph - roadside camera display 29mph. Time for a lie down 🤪

i’m not explaining it very well am I! I’m saying the cars speedo reads typically above what the actual speed is - I’m assuming gps is more accurate. Generally cars that I’ve owned show speeds that are in fact slightly above the actual speed. E.g car shows 30mph - gps 29mph - roadside camera display 29mph. Time for a lie down 🤪
That's what I said. :rolleyes::LOL:
Sister Act Church GIF

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom