ZS EV Trophy Connect - Voice control

Jimny

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've had my ZS EV Trophy Connect for about a month now.

The voice control command works find for the set commands such as open sunroof or temperature control etc.

However it is hopeless making calls, calling the wrong contact 90 percent of the time. Has anybody else had issues?

I've had my ZS EV Trophy Connect for about a month now.

The voice control command works find for the set commands such as open sunroof or temperature control etc.

However it is hopeless making calls, calling the wrong contact 90 percent of the time. Has anybody else had issues?
Yep in for a diagnostic.
Also window commands out the only ones not to work from the voice listed commands in app

Had diagnostic last week and waiting for reply from mg tech on update or reinstall
Hi, I reset the infotainment system to factory settings and it appears to be better at the moment. Have only tested it a couple of contacts so far. After the reset you need to turn off dead reckoning in the NAV then hold the home button for 15 seconds to reboot it.

Hi, A factory reset of the infotainment fixes the issue but it comes back after a few days, and can be resolved again with a factory reset. My dealer is investigating. I will report back once I know more.
Thanks

Ok, I'll keep an eye on it. I suspect there will be an update. Noticed mine seems to announce the date and time every now and again but it says the date is 2019!!

Went in for software update 2 weeks ago which looked to have resolved the issue. The issue has returned today however. Booked in again for investigation.

Had the car back in again as the issue came back, calling wrong contact, even though the car interperates command correctly. Got the car back and now a week later issue has returned.

I realised I had added a new contact on phone that morning.

I disconnect the phone deleted the contact and reconnected phone. All working fine. Readded the contact and issue came back.

So it looks like the update syncs after initial one don't update the copy of the phone book on the car properly. Even though the new contact appears.

Could somebody test this.

I'm using Android on a Samsung S10

I've finally given up on the inbuild infotainment voice commands and will be using Android Auto from now on.

Android Auto worked flawlessly, in seconds, when set up whilst parked on the drive voice commands to play music make calls and other google searches all working. I could also ask MG to open the sunroof set the heating temp etc, so best of both worlds, I then drove off and the strangeness started.

It turns can only use the google assistant voice commands when the car is stationary, it responds to 'ok google' and waits for you to speak, but doesn't hear you when you give a command. I stopped at the lights and tried again and it worked!

Only way I can use google voice commands when driving is if I switch off 'hello MG' ands lose the voice control of the car.

Has anybody else got similar experience. Now feel I have wasted £500 on the connect package!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom