ZS Long Range Battery Voltage

John G

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all, I can't find any reference for this so far, but does anybody know what the long range HV battery voltage should be when 100% charged?
Got mine last week and want to know if battery is properly equalised when I get round to it.

You can't tell if the battery is equalised just from the output voltage alone. You need to go to the dealers and get them to attach a diagnostic machine to check the voltage spread of the individual cell packs. This will cost you though, if you know what you are doing you can attach a BT dongle to the OBD socket and using suitable software and a mobile phone, check them your self. Either way I wouldn't bother about it, just drive it and just charge it to 100% every month or so and leave it to balance it self. I think it does let you know when a balance is required.

You can't tell if the battery is equalised just from the output voltage alone. You need to go to the dealers and get them to attach a diagnostic machine to check the voltage spread of the individual cell packs. This will cost you though, if you know what you are doing you can attach a BT dongle to the OBD socket and using suitable software and a mobile phone, check them your self. Either way I wouldn't bother about it, just drive it and just charge it to 100% every month or so and leave it to balance it self. I think it does let you know when a balance is required.
Would you not recommend charging to 100% every time you charge?

I see these free Pod Points at super markets are only letting charge to 80%. Or is it been program into the car setting?

I am wandering if the supermarkets have set it to 80% to stop cars been plug in all day?

I am wandering if the supermarkets have set it to 80% to stop cars been plug in all day?

Do Fast Chargers have handshaking that tells them the SOC of car?

However, this would not stop people hogging the chargers. Most supermarkets have a maximum 3 hour parking time anyway, so no real advantage stopping charging at 80%. When on a fast charger your MG ZS EV will charge at around 6.5kW until almost 100% SOC.

The LR MG ZS EV can have maximum charging level set by the user using either the main screen or the iSMART application.

Last edited:
Hi all, I can't find any reference for this so far, but does anybody know what the long range HV battery voltage should be when 100% charged?
Got mine last week and want to know if battery is properly equalised when I get round to it.
450 Volts on the Mk1 ZSEV. I think I covered it in this video? If not check through a few of the others on charging or the EV Watchdog one. Great to see you're moved over to EV for transport.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom