🎶🎶 I Need An ERO 🎶🎶

siteguru

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Well - it's done - I now have my own MG4 SE SR in Camden Grey. 😁

Collection all went well and drive back home from the dealer was sweet. :)

Here's a pic:

1669387459722.png

More pics can be found here. In there you'll find one of the rear undertray - mine has a small bulge in it (which I recorded on the collection paperwork).

CoC was in the glovebox ... build date 28-Aug-22.

Phone pairing by Bluetooth and Android Auto setup was very easy - worked straightaway with my magnetic plug lead. (Which I've already put in place up through the rubber mat and coiled above/below to tidy it up - push a large flat-blade screwdriver up through the tray hole and the rubber mats lifts off very easily - then clicks back down easily).

Any other questions, just ask. :)

Last edited:
Well - it's done - I now have my own MG4 SE SR in Camden Grey. 😁

Collection all went well and drive back home from the dealer was sweet. :)

Here's a pic:

View attachment 13020

More pics can be found here. In there you'll find one of the rear undertray - mine has a small bulge in it (which I recorded on the collection paperwork).

CoC was in the glovebox ... build date 28-Aug-22.

Phone pairing by Bluetooth and Android Auto setup was very easy - worked straightaway with my magnetic plug lead. (Which I've already put in place up through the rubber mat and coiled above/below to tidy it up - push a large flat-blade screwdriver up through the tray hole and the rubber mats lifts off very easily - then clicks back down easily).

Any other questions, just ask. :)
Excellent, looks nice! The grey is very classy. Did it come with Type 2 or granny cable? Do you know if it had the new breather pipe fitted? What did the dealer say about the small bulge?

I'm picking my orange up tomorrow and I can't wait!

Came with a granny, in a smaller, rectangular case. (Not checked how long the lead is).

The undertray looked a little worse than the photo seems to show hence why I noted it. Not concerned at the mo though. :)

No breather mod ... the official line is still "If it leaks then we'll do something". 🙄

Very nice!!! Our blue trophy landed at Portbury on 17th, how long did it take from docking to dealership (roughly)?

Mine was on the boat that arrived 21-Oct-22, so it's been just over a month from docking to collection. (Might have been quicker but mine went first to another branch of my dealer - which I was expecting; that was late last week, and took a few days to get transported over to my dealer branch).

Your charge point is a long way from the charge port of the car. Is that deliberate?

The Camden Grey really suits the car and the odd mix of black and chrome adornments as it goes with both.

I know that I'm going to be paranoid about the oil leak when I get my replacement car, particularly if it has an early build date like that.

The photo is deceptive - the Wallbox is only a couple of feet from the end of the wall, and the cable reaches just fine when parked like that, and will even reach if I drive up on to the drive rather than reverse. :)

(I chose that site for the Wallbox as that side of the house is sheltered from the prevailing weather, and it was also an easy run for the supply cable back to the consumer unit).

Lovely in Grey, mines not looking so nice as it needs a wash.
What is the magnetic lead you are using with the phone?

Lovely in Grey, mines not looking so nice as it needs a wash.
What is the magnetic lead you are using with the phone?
See my post in this thread below:

The photo is deceptive - the Wallbox is only a couple of feet from the end of the wall, and the cable reaches just fine when parked like that, and will even reach if I drive up on to the drive rather than reverse. :)

(I chose that site for the Wallbox as that side of the house is sheltered from the prevailing weather, and it was also an easy run for the supply cable back to the consumer unit).
When we swap our ZS EV for the MG4 tomorrow I'll have to remember to park the other way round on the driveway from what we're used to, so the lead reaches!

Another thing - binding with the app. Very easy and worked right away. (Again, this was done after Bluetooth pairing - no idea if that is relevant but it is what I did).

Infotainment SW version is R13 and no AA pre-production message.

And the app does allow me to set a charge limit (I have an SE SR, so LFP battery) - not tried it though to see if it actually does limit the charge.

The app also shows the warning messages about Charge Port Overheating and High Temperature - but these are app/server faults I reckon rather than there being anything wrong with the car.

Came with a granny, in a smaller, rectangular case. (Not checked how long the lead is).

The undertray looked a little worse than the photo seems to show hence why I noted it. Not concerned at the mo though. :)

No breather mod ... the official line is still "If it leaks then we'll do something". 🙄
Hi all,

l’m a newbie here. Will be collecting my new Trophy in a few days’ time, hope the granny cable would be included together with the type 2 one.

Happy motoring

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel