1% BATTERY LEFT

Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
I have been following this gent on YouTube since he got his Mg5 SR he was one of the reasons I bought my car because of his down to earth review
He is a taxi driver and got home from an airport run with 1% battery remaining WOW
CHECK OUT HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MG5 ev owner review

Cheers
๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Braver man than me I start fretting at 20%
No percentage gauge on the Gen1 ZS EV :( .
I have seen the orange range warning light, on about 6 occasions over the last two years.
Lowest figure I have seen is 35 miles of range, before pulling onto the drive.
I am okay with that, but after figure, I am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.
No sign of RED warning light as of yet !.

Keeping away from the margins isn't uniquely an EV thing.
I never normally let my petrol car drop below a quarter of a tank.

Keeping away from the margins isn't uniquely an EV thing.
I never normally let my petrol car drop below a quarter of a tank.
The difference with an ICE quarter tank will normally go 100 miles and the GOM is pretty accurate.

... and of course places to fill up and ICE are closer together and more reliable than those for an EV!!

Well, guess who ran out of charge twice in one week? To be fair one was mine and one was she who must be obeyed? Ooops

this was me using my diesel quashqui on Friday, I was stuck ten miles from the nearest town with a petrol,station, it was minus 2, road full of tree branches in a remote part of the borderlands between England and Scotland. getting used to range anxietyโ€ฆ got there just as it ran out.
Picked up my new mg5 yesterday. Wont be needing a petrol station anytime soon.

Attachments

• EA86B204-EE10-4E67-B56A-AF19F80BB502.jpeg
    EA86B204-EE10-4E67-B56A-AF19F80BB502.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 135
Hi all
I have been following this gent on YouTube since he got his Mg5 SR he was one of the reasons I bought my car because of his down to earth review
He is a taxi driver and got home from an airport run with 1% battery remaining WOW
CHECK OUT HIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MG5 ev owner review

Cheers
๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I got down to 6% (12 miles left on the GOM driving in Eco) yesterday, but that was deliberate as I wanted to see what happens at low battery figures as I have not taken it this low before. I was only pootling about on the Isle of Wight and I was never more than about 10 miles from home. However, the final journey was a bit longer - about 15 miles, at night and with the temperature about 1 degree. It was interesting to see the battery % and GOM range drop quite quickly from about 15%! The red battery light started flashing at some point. I will probably not repeat this exercise as it certainly does do something to the anxiety level. I usually recharge at about 25%.

Whilst on my Gen 2 LEAF I rarely had a single digit % but on my Gen 1 LEAF single digit % on arrival home was normal and a low %age of bugger all is really not far!

A few occasions I arrived home with range = 0, battery = "--%" and plenty of flashing lights on!

I really don't miss that!

In my Leaf 24 on several occasions I arrived at a rapid and it showed 0% on the charger! It was easy to do that with a short range car. Not so easy with my Soul.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom