Grandad with Atitude

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
MG 5 EV approx 19 months old. My 12 volt battery has packed up and when the MG garage checked the battery they said it was not an MG battery.
I purchased the car from an MG dealer and the car had 800 miles on the clock and they are checking if they changed the battery but think it is unlikely.

The battery that has failed is a Varta. Would you folks out there mind check under the bonnet to see if any of you have a Varta battery as with Shortages some cars may have had a Varta battery fitted.

Original battery:
battery.JPG

ISTR from my GM battery days there is a date code on batteries somewhere which will allow you to work out when it was made (not fitted or supplied). That's probably useful for the warranty question.

In fact, here goes

"To determine the age of any Varta automobile batteries, find the nine-digit code on the top-right side of the cover and look for the 4th to the 6th digits. This code has a corresponding month and year of manufacture that you can see on this table (e.g. C4H956221 = 965 = September 2019)."

The battery that has failed is a Varta. Would you folks out there mind check under the bonnet to see if any of you have a Varta battery as with Shortages some cars may have had a Varta battery fitted.
I am pretty sure the battery on our ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) was a Varta battery.
We owned it from new and it was one of the first batch of cars delivered in late 2019.
Sorry, I can not 100% verify now, because we don't own the car anymore.

Mine's an original SAIC brand from the factory. No problems.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom