12v socket

ippy1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, just had my first warning, low tyre pressure. no problem I thought, I have a 12v compressor in the boot from my last car.
Nowhere to plug it in?? no accessory socket in the MG4, as far as I can see.
Is there a fix for this missing socket?

sorted thanks.

Last edited:
Isn’t there a 12v cigarette power socket between the two USBs in the front Center console?
I’ve not got one personally to double check but I’m pretty sure I saw that when I jumped in one in a showroom?

Yes there is - or there should be anyway - exactly where you say; under the floating centre console. It's that socket which the compressor in the boot would connect to. (There's no spare wheel, so there's a can of gunk and a compressor under the boot floor).

Yes there is - or there should be anyway - exactly where you say; under the floating centre console. It's that socket which the compressor in the boot would connect to. (There's no spare wheel, so there's a can of gunk and a compressor under the boot floor).
Thanks, I'll check it out. I thought there were just 2 usb ports, which I have never used yet either.

Yes, it's there! I honestly never spotted it. Do you think I could use the onboard compressor too?
The compressor supplied with some cars won't work without the can of tyre goo attached.
The one that came with my current Renault Zoe won't, so I bought my own.

Don't know about the MG unit though. :unsure:

As it happens I have my own compressor anyway (powered from a 12V socket) so whether or not the one with the car works standalone is somewhat moot for me.

I have one of those in the car (as part of my massive Ryobi tool and battery collection)
ryobipump.jpg

Hi the briggie. Is it powerful enough for a car tyre? Most of the adverts I've seen for these products picture bicycle tyres being inflated.

Big enough for all four top up to 2.6 yesterday and last week a womens car parked next to me with a flat tyre was solved using this inflator no problem so yes suitable. I check the battery every few weeks but as I have a garage full of 2.0ah ryobi batteries it is no real hassle to keep a couple in my granny plug cable bag.

I have a Worx setup - mower, strimmer and drill/screwdriver. (2Ah batteries for the strimmer and drill, 4Ah batteries for the mower).

Mine was delivered at 35/36psi and I was getting warnings. I inflated to 40psi using the compressor in the boot which seemed to give 37psi allowing for some deflation by the time I managed to get the valve unscrewed. No warnings since. I much prefer the toggle clamp inflators as you can get them off quicker.
Seems it does come supplied with a compressor that works without gunk according to Andy, but not toggle clamp, screw fitting

Hi, just had my first warning, low tyre pressure. no problem I thought, I have a 12v compressor in the boot from my last car.
Nowhere to plug it in?? no accessory socket in the MG4, as far as I can see.
Is there a fix for this missing socket?

sorted thanks.
There is a 12 aux point and two USB ports in the centre console just forwarded of the air con controls. Slide the cover forward to reveal all.

There is a 12 aux point and two USB ports in the centre console just forwarded of the air con controls. Slide the cover forward to reveal all.
No need to slide any cover* to access those ports ... in an MG4 (which this board is for). ;)

* except the one that covers the 12V port - it hinges open.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back