16 minutes

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Well Cazoo now have my Nov 20 ZS EV #teamblue.

From walking into their customer service centre to walking out looking at my greatly increased bank balance took just 16 minutes.
Price offered was price paid.

Gonna really miss it I loved driving it. Now the long wait for the replacement 5 LR.

Look forward to hearing about your new .ove when you get it

Well Cazoo now have my Nov 20 ZS EV #teamblue.

From walking into their customer service centre to walking out looking at my greatly increased bank balance took just 16 minutes.
Price offered was price paid.

Gonna really miss it I loved driving it. Now the long wait for the replacement 5 LR.
Had you had a service yet on your car? reason I ask is that on Cazoo they ask if it's got a full service history, well mine hasn't needed one yet so I ticked yes, was wondering if that was correct/what you ticked.

When I sold mine to Cazoo it hadn’t been serviced, I got an email from MG customer services saying it wasn’t due for another couple of months and they were happy with that 👍

Had you had a service yet on your car? reason I ask is that on Cazoo they ask if it's got a full service history, well mine hasn't needed one yet so I ticked yes, was wondering if that was correct/what you ticked.
When you completed the form, it asked if your car had a full service history.
At that precise moment in time, it DID !.
So, in my mind you where correct to tick - YES !.
If the car had left your possession prior to the service date / mileage cut off, then the responsibility of complying to that service schedule, now moves over to the next owner.
The ZS EV is not equipped with any type of service interval warning lights like a BMW / VAG etc.
They are relying on the customer to submit the car, at the correct times / mileage set down by MG service manual to maintain the 7 year warranty, which we know is transferable.
If the car had not reached either, the point of time or milage before you sold the car, then don't worry.

When you completed the form, it asked if your car had a full service history.
At that precise moment in time, it DID !.
So, in my mind you where correct to tick - YES !.
If the car had left your possession prior to the service date / mileage cut off, then the responsibility of complying to that service schedule, now moves over to the next owner.
The ZS EV is not equipped with any type of service interval warning lights like a BMW / VAG etc.
They are relying on the customer to submit the car, at the correct times / mileage set down by MG service manual to maintain the 7 year warranty, which we know is transferable.
If the car had not reached either, the point of time or milage before you sold the car, then don't worry.
@Lovemyev that's interesting, I thought I'd seen somewhere on the cars display it say it needed servicing at 15??? miles. So I was guessing it would pop up something when it was due - is that def not the case then? BTW I recall thinking it was a bit weird as the service is supposed to be at 15,000miles but on the display it said some odd number e.g. 15482.

@Lovemyev that's interesting, I thought I'd seen somewhere on the cars display it say it needed servicing at 15??? miles. So I was guessing it would pop up something when it was due - is that def not the case then? BTW I recall thinking it was a bit weird as the service is supposed to be at 15,000miles but on the display it said some odd number e.g. 15482.
To the best of my knowledge, the car does NOT report on service schedules on the dash panel like some of the other brands.
My car was due it's first service 12 months after it's collection date, which was on the 6th Jan 2020.
I tried to book in the car for service, about 2 weeks before Christmas 2019.
The dealer was NOT accepting any more work into the workshop until straight after Christmas.
Due to a cock up ( on the dealers behalf ) the car then got bumped back to the 15th Jan.
I never received ANY info relayed back from the car, to inform me that the service was due.
So, based on this fact, I don't thing the car has the ability to inform the owner when a service is due !.
It is totally reliant on the customer submitting the car at the appropriate time / mileage.

Out of curiosity, I put my details into Cazoo yesterday for a quote. It was OK, not stellar by any means...

Out of curiosity, I put my details into Cazoo yesterday for a quote. It was OK, not stellar by any means...
I am resisting asking for a valuation for my car, because if it’s lower than I expect, then I will disappointed that a upgrade to the new Gen 2 is a non starter.
If the valuation is good, then I will bore my wife to death talking about if we should upgrade !!!!.
I am waiting to see what the price is first 🤷.
The bigger battery is my mine focus of attention.

I also ticked yes although it hadn't had a service as under mileage and time.

The Cazoo person was fine and quite happy, and also aware that there is no service 'book'

Mine was less than a year old with low mileage (due to lockdown mostly) and offer was really good IMO as the car was in their definition in 'Excellent' condition.
As a reference point yesterday I had an email from We Buy Anycar trying to tempt me with an updated offer which was still £1200 less than I received.
For anyone thinking about it I can thoroughly recommend the process.

I also ticked yes although it hadn't had a service as under mileage and time.

The Cazoo person was fine and quite happy, and also aware that there is no service 'book'
I did the Same, with the service question, even though I’ve only had the 5 since May.
the price they gave me is creeping up, at begining of sept it was £1500 off what I paid, now it £200 off what I paid, once it gets to over £1500 what I paid, I think it will be time to sell, as i say that’s cheap motoring!
the ZS on the other hand, the price is way down 👎 from what we paid…. But I guess that’s what you get for getting a car 6 months from it’s launch date.

Mine was less than a year old with low mileage (due to lockdown mostly) and offer was really good IMO as the car was in their definition in 'Excellent' condition.
As a reference point yesterday I had an email from We Buy Anycar trying to tempt me with an updated offer which was still £1200 less than I received.
For anyone thinking about it I can thoroughly recommend the process.
They are more than happy to take in a car that is less than 1 year old, because every part of the car is covered by the full strength of the warranty.
As the car ages, the warranty tends to get a little diluted, with exception items that are not fully covered.
Trim items tend not to be covered after 12 months for example.

Thanks for tip chap....you have just made me another £400! Over what WBAC offered, and to be honest I didn't like the idea of dealing with them, they have a reputation (with my family members) of "Guzundering" when you get there. :)

they have a reputation (with my family members) of "Guzundering" when you get there. :)
This is very true !.
Rarely do WBAC pay the full asking price for the car.
The people who inspect the car, are paid to reduce the offer price.
That’s how they justify their jobs.

I am resisting asking for a valuation for my car, because if it’s lower than I expect, then I will disappointed that a upgrade to the new Gen 2 is a non starter.
If the valuation is good, then I will bore my wife to death talking about if we should upgrade !!!!.
I am waiting to see what the price is first 🤷.
The bigger battery is my mine focus of attention.
You may remember, when I had mine vaulued by my MG dealer, many, many months ago.....I was rather disappointed with their £17k offer.....now it todays market, I stand to get nearl £21!! I'm very happy with that.:)

You may remember, when I had mine vaulued by my MG dealer, many, many months ago.....I was rather disappointed with their £17k offer.....now it todays market, I stand to get nearl £21!! I'm very happy with that.:)
Chris - The whole residual car price thing has certainly gone crazy over the last few months !.
You DID receive a great offer on your car then.
Was the almost £21,000 you received, was it from the dealer you are buying your new car from, or a third party sale to the likes of WBAC / Motorway etc, or maybe a private sale if you don't mind me asking ????.
Thanks.

I bought the Kia outright (from a dealer in Scotland!) and got just a few 100 pounds off it, if you take into consideration the £300 delivery charge to Derbyshire.

The MG I am selling to Cazoo who have been very helpful and beat WBAC by about £500 and just seem nicer to deal with.

Overall i'm very happy. Which ever way you look at it....doing the deal now, rather than 10 months ago, has saved me about £5K....;);)......Pity we dont have a crystal ball to guide us!

I bought the Kia outright (from a dealer in Scotland!) and got just a few 100 pounds off it, if you take into consideration the £300 delivery charge to Derbyshire.

The MG I am selling to Cazoo who have been very helpful and beat WBAC by about £500 and just seem nicer to deal with.

Overall i'm very happy. Which ever way you look at it....doing the deal now, rather than 10 months ago, has saved me about £5K....;);)......Pity we dont have a crystal ball to guide us!
Thank you (y).

Just tried Cazoo for a price on mine and got "We're sorry, we are unable to provide a valuation for your car given the details you provided"
Just put in usual stuff - Reg - mileage - condition etc.

Maybe they have enough EVs now

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom