16 minutes

Thanks for tip chap....you have just made me another £400! Over what WBAC offered, and to be honest I didn't like the idea of dealing with them, they have a reputation (with my family members) of "Guzundering" when you get there. :)
You're very welcome. Commission invoice will be in the post :ROFLMAO:

Just tried Cazoo for a price on mine and got "We're sorry, we are unable to provide a valuation for your car given the details you provided"
Just put in usual stuff - Reg - mileage - condition etc.

Maybe they have enough EVs now
2 ZS EVs on the website at the moment, but mine not showing yet.

To the best of my knowledge, the car does NOT report on service schedules on the dash panel like some of the other brands.
My car was due it's first service 12 months after it's collection date, which was on the 6th Jan 2020.
I tried to book in the car for service, about 2 weeks before Christmas 2019.
The dealer was NOT accepting any more work into the workshop until straight after Christmas.
Due to a cock up ( on the dealers behalf ) the car then got bumped back to the 15th Jan.
I never received ANY info relayed back from the car, to inform me that the service was due.
So, based on this fact, I don't thing the car has the ability to inform the owner when a service is due !.
It is totally reliant on the customer submitting the car at the appropriate time / mileage.
This popped up on our car today....
IMG_5943.jpg

This popped up on our car today....
View attachment 5234
Well - That's a bit of a turn up for the books !.
My car never displayed any warning message when it was due it's first service last year ?.
The car was 2 weeks late getting it's service because the dealer could not take in the car until after Christmas.
The car was collected on 6th Jan 2020 and its was the 15th Jan 2021 when it made the dealership.
No service warning light given prior to the 1st Birthday date.
On VAG cars, the service indicator should be reset at the time of the PDI.
I wonder if this was skipped on my my car ?.
Interesting to see what happens in a few months.
@JodyS21 is your car ready / due its service about now ?.
Does it correctly align with the due date / mileage ?.
Cheers.

Well - That's a bit of a turn up for the books !.
My car never displayed any warning message when it was due it's first service last year ?.
The car was 2 weeks late getting it's service because the dealer could not take in the car until after Christmas.
The car was collected on 6th Jan 2020 and its was the 15th Jan 2021 when it made the dealership.
No service warning light given prior to the 1st Birthday date.
On VAG cars, the service indicator should be reset at the time of the PDI.
I wonder if this was skipped on my my car ?.
Interesting to see what happens in a few months.
@JodyS21 is your car ready / due its service about now ?.
Does it correctly align with the due date / mileage ?.
Cheers.
yep - mileage 14,119, so due soon - I think it started popping up from 14,000.

Somewhere as I mentioned before, on the dash, it showed a mileage that it should be serviced at. Have a look at yours and see if you can see a mileage, maybe yours wasn't set correctly and it'll show a weird figure??

Ooh, was yours due because of the mileage or time - maybe it doesn't know to pop it up when it's due for time reasons?

yep - mileage 14,119, so due soon - I think it started popping up from 14,000.

Somewhere as I mentioned before, on the dash, it showed a mileage that it should be serviced at. Have a look at yours and see if you can see a mileage, maybe yours wasn't set correctly and it'll show a weird figure??

Ooh, was yours due because of the mileage or time - maybe it doesn't know to pop it up when it's due for time reasons?
I can not remember what mileage was showing on the car when it was booked in for it's first service ?.
It was under the requirement mileage, because the car has now covered 16,000 miles now and it is over 18 months old.
So, maybe around 8,000 miles ( ish ) at the point when it required it's first service.
Caught out on time scale, rather than mileage limit that's for sure !.
Where / how do you find the service indicator info then ???.
On my previous cars, it would pop up on the dash panel as soon as you started up the car.
It would "Peck" you head, each time you turned on the car.
I found it was always set to remind you ( via light on the dash ) at around 10 months, rather than the 12 month time frame laid down by the manufacture.
Interested to hear your thoughts are on the new ZS EV ( Gen 2 ) update ?.
Did you watch the Monday night pod cast - I think you did somehow.
P.M. me on your thoughts please.

Use the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel, from memory 2/3 to the right and you will see a 'service' option somewhere in the list.

Mine was less than a year old with low mileage (due to lockdown mostly) and offer was really good IMO as the car was in their definition in 'Excellent' condition.
As a reference point yesterday I had an email from We Buy Anycar trying to tempt me with an updated offer which was still £1200 less than I received.
For anyone thinking about it I can thoroughly recommend the process.
I would be careful with WeBuyAnyCar. In my experience they will offer high to get you to the point of sale, then spend 30 minutes dissecting, photographing and registering each and every little scratch into their tablets, then reduce it another 800, by which time your new car in immanent. They also take it there and then, leaving you car-less if you weren't prepared.

I can not remember what mileage was showing on the car when it was booked in for it's first service ?.
It was under the requirement mileage, because the car has now covered 16,000 miles now and it is over 18 months old.
So, maybe around 8,000 miles ( ish ) at the point when it required it's first service.
Caught out on time scale, rather than mileage limit that's for sure !.
On my previous cars, it would pop up on the dash panel as soon as you started up the car.
It would "Peck" you head, each time you turned on the car.
I found it was always set to remind you ( via light on the dash ) at around 10 months, rather than the 12 month time frame laid down by the manufacture.
Interested to hear your thoughts are on the new ZS EV ( Gen 2 ) update ?.
Did you watch the Monday night pod cast - I think you did somehow.
P.M. me on your thoughts please.
It only shows mileage so I guess no time reminder.
I'd also guess it resets at 15000 miles and counts down as mines showing 14350 now, I recently had it serviced in July.

I just tried mine on Cazoo. I bought it new three weeks ago using the affinity sheme for NHS workers (to get rid of old stock I am sure) for £23,292. Cazoo have offered me £24,975!

I am sorely tempted to flip it and put the cash towards the new model in November. Similarly swayed by the new range.

Sounds like a plan!
Its difficult to predict timings, in this very volatile market.....but i'm glad I waited until now ......and didn't do it 10 months ago....It would have cost me almost £4K......and i've had nearly a years 'Free' motoring.:)

I just tried mine on Cazoo. I bought it new three weeks ago using the affinity sheme for NHS workers (to get rid of old stock I am sure) for £23,292. Cazoo have offered me £24,975!

I am sorely tempted to flip it and put the cash towards the new model in November. Similarly swayed by the new range.
In my offer from Cazoo, one of the conditions is that I must have owned the car for 3 months! It's 8n the assumptions made bit.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom