1st Service

Tom McConnell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I had my first service done last Tuesday at Richmond Guildford on my MG 5 Exclusive.

All went well and happy with the service, all for £88 Inc VAT for a low mileage service.

It included 2 software updates, 1 for the kers 3 break light recall.
The MG front mudflats fitted by the dealer only had the top screws installed so they added the
lower screws.
The drivers door handle stuck out some times so it was taken apart and a part filed down.
i had asked for all 3 windscreen wipers to be replaced, but only the rear one were available. The front are not in stock nor available aftermarket so will be left for another time.
The circular gear knob has a sharp edge around the Park button which I notice every time I touch it. It was ordered under the warranty and was supposed to arrive next day but it did not turn up. So will be rescheduled when it turns up.
The rear passenger backrest outer hinges are lose when folded forward. Apparently, this is due to some clips becoming broken/bent but are not covered by the warranty as it is due to too much being put in the boot and pushing the sear back forward. They were able to refit the clips so no replacement required.
I asked for the air conditioning to be checked as it had to be replaced in May last year, all OK.

the teady was presented 😝

I have the same issue with my drivers door handle sticking open then pinging closed. Do you think its a known thing?
Was the second update a piece of paper for the roof rail 35Kg limit to put in the manual.
I also have an issue with the drivers sun visor not staying in certain positions.
What was wrong with the wipers?

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my drivers door handle sticking open then pinging closed. Do you think its a known thing?
Was the second update a piece of paper for the roof rail 35Kg limit to put in the manual.
I also have an issue with the drivers sun visor not staying in certain positions.
What was wrong with the wpiers?
The door handle sticking open is a known issue with a known fix.

the other update was the piece of paper stapled into the user manual regarding the roof rails weight.

“The door handle sticking open is a known issue with a known fix”

I have this problem, I can’t find any previous thread on it. What is the fix?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom