5-Star NCAP given 👍🏻

I didn't like protection when kid or bicycle come out behind car looks like it haven't pick this up. I noticed they used SE SR so maybe those extra features in trophy will get this better?

I didn't like protection when kid or bicycle come out behind car looks like it haven't pick this up. I noticed they used SE SR so maybe those extra features in trophy will get this better?
The Trophy comes with Rear Cross Traffic Alert as well as Blind Spot Detection so it should pick them up.

Where did you see SE SR? Is it in the PDF report? (The photo on the website is a Trophy).

The website says the rating applies for all variants.

They test the basic model then assume that the higher models are as good, rather than the other way around.
What bugs me is that they aren't worried about how usable the systems are - for example phantom braking on AEB doesn't worry them even if it results in drivers turning it off.

I'm only just reading the report but initial impressions aren't great. It's the second worse EV on child safety this year and for adult occupant it was 3rd worse. It did significantly worse than 4 star rated cars (I4 and Niro) in those catagories.

It might be selfish but I don't care about pedestrian safety and I'm not too bothered about the safety assist scores either as I pay attention and don't use my phone when driving. I want the car to protect me and my family above all else.

Looks like as SE to me
1670405638115.png

Where did you see SE SR? Is it in the PDF report? (The photo on the website is a Trophy).

The website says the rating applies for all variants.
Trophy got fancy spoiler and all models on video were without it so SE SR it is

I'm only just reading the report but initial impressions aren't great. It's the second worse EV on child safety this year and for adult occupant it was 3rd worse. It did significantly worse than 4 star rated cars (I4 and Niro) in those catagories.

It might be selfish but I don't care about pedestrian safety and I'm not too bothered about the safety assist scores either as I pay attention and don't use my phone when driving. I want the car to protect me and my family above all else.
Agree I was surprised there are no side airbags in rear mean if you get hit on site of car glass will splash inside where kids usually sat

Agree I was surprised there are no side airbags in rear mean if you get hit on site of car glass will splash inside where kids usually sat
As above, there are rear airbags and it did well in the side impact test. It was only the frontal impact that it lost points on due to the 10 year old's neck forces being high so it scored poor.

It actually did ok in the crash tests and beat the Niro but for some reason scored lower overall due to "Safety Features" but they look the same 🤷‍♂️

MG4

1670408426713.png

Kia Niro

1670408461497.png

MG4 has good overall results, but there are a few areas (as others have noted above) where some bits don't quite meet the expectation. That said, it's better than other cars in some areas, worse in a few.
Ultimately the report is a summary of the underlying data from the tests. So whilst it might seem to be similar to say a Kia Niro EV in the PDF, it may be the detailed results show where the deviations occur (both negative and positive).
Lots to like and it gets a 5-star rating. Which is all the insurers will look at most likely.

Ultimately doesn't make a difference to me as I bought a Kia Niro EV (4 model) after I decided to pass on the MG4 due to the lack of NCAP rating when first released. I'm happy with that decision having read the NCAP results.

NCAP published his report this month

Attachments

• m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 65
  • m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 71
  • euroncap-2022-mg-4-electric-datasheet.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 109

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes