500 miles in

Got to love this car, thinking back to old Vivas and Chevettes I used to drive, what a difference. Never mind all the toys which are fab, its such a pleasure to drive. Roll on many more happy miles 😀
Correct! The MG5 is an absolute pleasure to drive! Vastly different from the rust bucket NSU1200 I had once and the various Vivas and Austins that were in my past.

I'll second that, a pleasure to drive and the most comfortable car I've had to date. And if you want a bit of fun you can embarrass the boy rac ers at the traffic lights ;)

“And if you want a bit of fun you can embarrass the boy racers at the traffic lights”

- I have done this several times!

Lol all true my mg5 is great and definitely an update and comfy and drive to my MG3 I had 👍🙂 great car the mgt and leave the petrol cars lol

Had a lot of rust buckets back then, more Cataloy than metal 😱😱😱😂

Actually my first car was an MG Midget and unfortunately it was also a rust bucket. The sills all over the car were rusting away gradually and sometimes not so gradually! The soft top was ripped when left outside a young peoples centre that I worked evenings at. The sides were cut and pulled apart to allow access to pinch something that I’d left inside! Where I lived didn’t help with the rust either. I was living in Bognor Regis, just about 200m from the sea and the car was often drenched with lovely salty spray driving along the promenade road in stormy weather!

Had a Hillman Hunter 1725 auto. Craking car, unfortunately the bodywork was rusting away. Loved that car. Blue with black vinyl roof. 😥

Got to love this car, thinking back to old Vivas and Chevettes I used to drive, what a difference. Never mind all the toys which are fab, its such a pleasure to drive. Roll on many more happy miles 😀
Vivas and Chevettes - oh wow - my last three company cars years ago were two naff old company pool cars that I got. When I joined the firm I persuaded them at length to buy my almost new Sunbeam imp Sport in bright yellow which I loved. They were against buyyit from me but I eventually succeeded. Then after a few weeks I wrote it off big time on my way home.
As “punishment” I was given two filthy scrap heap Vivas in succession. Each time within days I was complemented on having the cleanest, smartest car in the car park.
So next I was allowed a brand new Chevette.
Ten months later, when I left the company, they sold it for “sweeties” to one of the Draughtsmen with well over 100,000 miles on the clock.
Now wouldn’t all those miles have been wonderful in a five ?
When I think of all those gear changes 😩

My second car in the 70s was an end of life MG 1300, which was like an Austin 1100 but with twin carbs. It was fairly quick but had a serious rust problem which eventually caused the car to be written off.

How people can get sentimental over all those old cars we owned ill never know. My trophy best car I've ever owned. And I've owned quite a few. In 50 years driving.

During a long driving career I've had a small number which I could get sentimental over but the saddest part for me is those drivers who write off electric vehicles more or less based on false assumptions and fake news, when they are almost all a better drive than an equivalent ICE.

My closest mates (bar one) have all decided "it's not for me" because once in a blue moon they would need to use public charging and have read all the horror stories about that.

During a long driving career I've had a small number which I could get sentimental over but the saddest part for me is those drivers who write off electric vehicles more or less based on false assumptions and fake news, when they are almost all a better drive than an equivalent ICE.

My closest mates (bar one) have all decided "it's not for me" because once in a blue moon they would need to use public charging and have read all the horror stories about that.
Public charging is all ive got, works for me 😂

And so say all of us 😊

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom