• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

580 HP Well it’s coming if you want it soon.

I'm getting 261 miles of GOM these last few days - I know no picture no proof .. But I'm seeing the Kwh going from a low 3 to 3.8 so 281 is still 'possible' but I'm optimistic - I'll get what I get in the Summer - Simples
thtat's interesting - we're not getting over 3 in my wife's Trophy, and we're in the same part of the world as you (we're just south of Salisbury, you're just north, by the look if it). What firmware level are you running with (when was the last time your car was updated?) - I'm thinking there may be an improvement in battery management with newer firmware (or there's something up with our car).

...and to make sure I'm staying relevant to the "performance MG" thread, it's clear to me that the chinese companies are learning very fast! When Japanese cars first started gracing our streets, we were similarly disparaging, then cars like the Nissan Supra started arriving, and we were convinced. I thing MG (SAIC) are very capabable of learning fast and producing very well driving cars, as we've seen in the jump in drive quality between the ZS EV and the MG4.

That’s not an answer.
Pretty simple, do you think MG are ready and capable of building a performance model?
I don't know, I hope they are as the Cyberster is going to need it. Personally, I can't see why anyone would want that much performance from a family hatchback anyway, rather than a proper sports car format.

Anytime you reset the Accumulated Total counter then the GOM will revert to (near enough) the WLTP figure.

Anytime you reset the Accumulated Total counter then the GOM will revert to (near enough) the WLTP figure.
Exactly .. :)

Hence saying being optimistic - But Suspect by Summer we will see figures close to what MG have quoted..

But back on main part of the topic ... So I have to say awd yes but at what I see was reported as nearly £40k - I think if I was looking at an EV that was AWD and around £40k I would have a 'few' to consider..

Do I personally need a HOTter hatch - Ney - I'm happy with it as is as - But thats my take

All systems updated this week ..
So with that they 'reset' the entire trip GOM / which then returned me to 268 - and with improved temps 3.8 was quickly seen
Decent figure 3.8 is giving a real range of about 243 miles, with the 64kwh battery.

I think the golden figure I am hoping for, come the better weather is anything 4, 4+ I'd be more than happy with that on my car

I really don't know if the back up is at the stage to support it, it's exactly the same battery and motor as the trophy, with an extra motor on the front.
You have got to hope it's a totally different gearbox design, if as Macadoodle thinks, it's linked to spirited driving, and it's the same gearbox, could be a proper mess.
Fingers crossed it's a complete redesign especially for the people forking out £40k plus for it
If they improve the cooling system, no reason why it cannot give the required performance. Oil leak aside, I am not aware of any limitations of the gearbox, and if it is the same motor it probably wouldn't need uprating, the second powered axle will combine to give the higher performance.

If they improve the cooling system, no reason why it cannot give the required performance. Oil leak aside, I am not aware of any limitations of the gearbox, and if it is the same motor it probably wouldn't need uprating, the second powered axle will combine to give the higher performance.
I agree but as pointed out by macadoodle, spirited driving seems to bring on the oil leak.
As I said hopefully the gearbox is a different design, I'm sure it will be to facilitate that power and performance. I'm pretty sure it won't throttle back the same either after some spirited driving, would defeat the purpose of a performance car.

Decent figure 3.8 is giving a real range of about 243 miles, with the 64kwh battery.

I think the golden figure I am hoping for, come the better weather is anything 4, 4+ I'd be more than happy with that on my car
We’ve been getting 3.6 since getting the MG4 Trophy 1st March, however this weekend noticed 4+ on journeys so I’m fine with that. The MG 4 is my wife’s car, I drive a Tesla Model Y, we both think the MG 4 is a fantastic car to drive and real value for money, just needs a few software tweaks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back