5LR Exclusive - blind spot warning

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I went for a test drive in the 5 LR Exclusive and noticed that I was not getting any blind spot warnings in the mirrors. I looked in the settings and couldn't even find the rear driving assistance settings.
I was under the impression that this model has blind spot warning, it does on my ZS EV, can anyone confirm/deny this?

MG Pilot different across models, I believe the 5 doesn't have blind spot detection. Quite why MG did that is anyone's guess. I've seen a few frustrated posts about the same thing since the 5 is marketed as having MG Pilot, although it appears to be a cut down version.

I went for a test drive in the 5 LR Exclusive and noticed that I was not getting any blind spot warnings in the mirrors. I looked in the settings and couldn't even find the rear driving assistance settings.
I was under the impression that this model has blind spot warning, it does on my ZS EV, can anyone confirm/deny this?
The MG5 LR has MG Pilot, but not the Lane Change Warning (LCW) or Rear Traffic Alert (RTA)

MG Pilot different across models, I believe the 5 doesn't have blind spot detection. Quite why MG did that is anyone's guess. I've seen a few frustrated posts about the same thing since the 5 is marketed as having MG Pilot, although it appears to be a cut down version.
I wonder if both the missing systems use the same proximity radar units in the side (rear wings?) of the car - so not fitting these means neither is available

@biffo @Neil Fellows Thanks all, I would miss the blind spot/RCTA. I have also heard conflicting re auto locking of doors once up to speed, is it in or is it out ?

Edit, ignore that, just seen that it does auto lock. :)
I would really have liked both of those, and was a bit disappointed they weren't features - could be cost or technical reasons why these aren't fitted along with the rest of the MG Pilot suite.

Will be curious to see if the Facelift model gets them given it seems to be mainly the front end (and dash?) that's changing.

Are you looking to move to a MG5 from your ZS EV ?.

Hi folks - I’ve now moved from my wonderful ZS to a superb LR5 On Friday last.
I have to say I find the Five is fantastic. It’s quieter and actually seems more comfortable whilst definitely vastly reducing any last vestiges of range wonderment ( I hesitate to call it anxiety as we never had any problems over our 8000 odd miles with the ZS)
I found the orange cars flashing in the mirrors rather annoying and verging on a distraction so I’m quite happy to lose them and rely on my good old fashioned traffic awareness.
in short, were loving the changeover.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom