Indicators flashing when blind spot is activated

How? Cannot find it.
Sorry for the late reply .you need to turn off rear collision warning

20240121_112537.jpg

Sorry for the late reply .you need to turn off rear collision warning

View attachment 23092
Odd. It doesn't say its about traffic rapidly approaching you from behind. It is about reversing: "When reversing, the Rear Cross Traffic Alert ( RCTA ) monitors the approaching vehicles at the left/right rear by using sensors and issues an alarm when the vehicle is at risk."

I would think it would therefore only happen when in reverse. That is why it has the option of alert and braking (before you run into a passing car..). This should never be allowed to work while driving normally.

Odd. It doesn't say its about traffic rapidly approaching you from behind. It is about reversing: "When reversing, the Rear Cross Traffic Alert ( RCTA ) monitors the approaching vehicles at the left/right rear by using sensors and issues an alarm when the vehicle is at risk."

I would think it would therefore only happen when in reverse. That is why it has the option of alert and braking (before you run into a passing car..). This should never be allowed to work while driving normally.
Two different things. One is to aid reversing in case a pedestrian (for example) walks behind the car or it sense something like a wall that you may not have seen.

Rear Collision warning is what is being discussed in this thread.

Indeed. So you cannot disable that with this menu option, afaik.

Edit: OMG, I simply focussed on RCA only. My bad. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
RCW is either on or off and the wording shown explains what it does (see pic). Nothing to with Blind Spot (sides of the car) or RCTA (when reversing).

Attachments

• 20240121_161304.jpg
    20240121_161304.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 26

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member