5LR Power

Might work 🤣🤣 - or are they just being nice to old fuddy duddies for a bit of peace 😜😜
Hello all. Whether it was indeed a personal service to myself or whether it was a fix for all you lovely folks as wel 🤪🤪
I can now say it definitely seems to have taught my long range five some proper manners 🤩🤩.
I’m sitting at the Stirling p&r hub effortlessly drawing power from a machine that choked on the thought just before the fix.
A charger at church street Brechin powered us up on Friday with no issues so all seems well now.
Thanks to the folks at Frasers in Falkirk 👌
Interested to hear how you get on on Monday Biffo 👍

We're all intrigued to find out what this 'special coating' is :)
It's just a top up wax they use for ceramic coatings but, obviously, it doesn't have to be applied on top of a ceramic coating, and is used to protect the paint finish and helps bring out the colour - at least that what the guy said! :ROFLMAO: ;)

Like @Edoc16, I might get this done before Winter as the layer of paint is, apparently, very thin.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hello all. Whether it was indeed a personal service to myself or whether it was a fix for all you lovely folks as wel 🤪🤪
I can now say it definitely seems to have taught my long range five some proper manners 🤩🤩.
I’m sitting at the Stirling p&r hub effortlessly drawing power from a machine that choked on the thought just before the fix.
A charger at church street Brechin powered us up on Friday with no issues so all seems well now.
Thanks to the folks at Frasers in Falkirk 👌
Interested to hear how you get on on Monday Biffo 👍
Good to hear Archie, my trip to Lochaline then ferry to Mull and back through Glencoe (scenery is just amazing) and across to Aberfeldy for a wee stay at Moness Resort Hotel then...back home via the Sma' Glen - so pleased with the road and the miles I get from the 5 so... I have an option to go over to La Cala Spain to my mates apartment where we go every year but giving it a miss and visit oor country a wee bit more :)

Well, Eddie - that's the MG booked in for this Thursday to get the protective coating done. They said if I could get it to them first thing, they'll get it turned around by 11.30 (y)

Thanks for sharing, mate - hope it turns out as well as your car was at the 'meet up' :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy
I suggest you take a wee walk across to the Peak (as I did and they phoned when car was ready) and have a nice coffee and sample good baking until you pick up your shiny car.

Good to hear Archie, my trip to Lochaline then ferry to Mull and back through Glencoe (scenery is just amazing) and across to Aberfeldy for a wee stay at Moness Resort Hotel then...back home via the Sma' Glen - so pleased with the road and the miles I get from the 5 so... I have an option to go over to La Cala Spain to my mates apartment where we go every year but giving it a miss and visit oor country a wee bit more :)
Good to hear the expedition went well Eddie. Have to say I agree and with a fine red chariot pulled by Wattsitsnames those roads really excel.
Our Granddaughter arrives next Wednesday/ Thursday and we’re all going to the Newton Stewart area for a couple of days. So we’ll have our Granddaughter and our Granddog all together for the first time. 🤣

Good to hear the expedition went well Eddie. Have to say I agree and with a fine red chariot pulled by Wattsitsnames those roads really excel.
Our Granddaughter arrives next Wednesday/ Thursday and we’re all going to the Newton Stewart area for a couple of days. So we’ll have our Granddaughter and our Granddog all together for the first time. 🤣
Safe trip Archie to "Gateway to the Galloway Hills" also make sure all feet are clean before boarding the Red Chariot...

Safe trip Archie to "Gateway to the Galloway Hills" also make sure all feet are clean before boarding the Red Chariot...
He he I’ve a fresh roll of duct tape to protect the doggie door sill (don’t let on to Bloggsie). Also methinks the roons will foretell of impending hoover blockage and muddy boot prints 😱 - perhaps we should have chosen the car in a sharny shade of matt brown to mask the stains 🤷‍♂️?

He he I’ve a fresh roll of duct tape to protect the doggie door sill (don’t let on to Bloggsie). Also methinks the roons will foretell of impending hoover blockage and muddy boot prints 😱 - perhaps we should have chosen the car in a sharny shade of matt brown to mask the stains 🤷‍♂️?
Do you buy the tape in bulk ? saw the brown shade and no disrespect to those who chose the colour but...not for me

Thank you. In a previous life I was involved in building concrete farm and industrial sheds etc all over Scotland and I’ve not been down into Dumfries And Galloway or Wigtownshire areas very much for a number of years ( it was two or three visits a week at one time). So it’ll be fine to have a relaxing run in the long range five instead of the frenetic dashes in a petrol Vauxhall Viva or Chevette burning up three or four or more tanks of messrs Shell or Esso’ finest fluids every week. It’s frightening trying to contemplate the number of gear changes I made during those years. No wonder I’m finding this MG such a relaxing dream of a vehicle to drive. If only it and a charging infrastructure had been around then eh? I must have been driving close to 90 or 100 thousand miles per year so I’ll try to gloss over my petrol, tyre and maintenance costs in those years. I didn’t seem to physically work much then but I drove a lot supervising work between many different sites. 😱😂🤷‍♂️😩

Thank you. In a previous life I was involved in building concrete farm and industrial sheds etc all over Scotland and I’ve not been down into Dumfries And Galloway or Wigtownshire areas very much for a number of years ( it was two or three visits a week at one time). So it’ll be fine to have a relaxing run in the long range five instead of the frenetic dashes in a petrol Vauxhall Viva or Chevette burning up three or four or more tanks of messrs Shell or Esso’ finest fluids every week. It’s frightening trying to contemplate the number of gear changes I made during those years. No wonder I’m finding this MG such a relaxing dream of a vehicle to drive. If only it and a charging infrastructure had been around then eh? I must have been driving close to 90 or 100 thousand miles per year so I’ll try to gloss over my petrol, tyre and maintenance costs in those years. I didn’t seem to physically work much then but I drove a lot supervising work between many different sites. 😱😂🤷‍♂️😩
Aaahh... memories.

As a matter of interest I logged into to the CPS website and my usage since joining is - Consumption=1,178.88 kWh, that gave me 3,454 mls in 131 sessions, that's not including my home charger consumption-free petrol cant beat it Archie :)
I’m assuming you found chargers where you needed them on your recent trips ?

Ever been to a wee village called Garlieston?

Ever been to a wee village called Garlieston?
Indeed I have Dave. I’ve been all over that wee neuk over the years. In fact , I still have all my work diaries so given time I could probably tell the day or days I was in the area. I assume you know that corner too ?

Indeed I have Dave. I’ve been all over that wee neuk over the years. In fact , I still have all my work diaries so given time I could probably tell the day or days I was in the area. I assume you know that corner too ?
Very well indeed. The family still has a house down there although sadly it will be going on the market soon. Good memories.

Very well indeed. The family still has a house down there although sadly it will be going on the market soon. Good memories.
Beautiful area. I’ve just dug out my old 1971 Bartholomew half inch map number 37 for Galloway. As you can see I circled or marked places I visited to survey buildings or sites or delivered missing materials etc.
I remember the planning and searching that went into getting to these places. I remember daydreaming about a sleek silent vehicle to get there with a magical moving map that could lead you there without thinking about it. Then reality would kick in just in time to notice the petrol gauge bending the stop needle - again !! - range anxiety ?? I got there first with my wee tin of fuel rattling around the boot 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• B61F8A54-3B28-47EE-AB10-138A5CFF8CB7.jpeg
    B61F8A54-3B28-47EE-AB10-138A5CFF8CB7.jpeg
    678.4 KB · Views: 70
Thx my friend also talking about bugs, been told before setting off spray your lights/front of car (was about to say radiator but no got yin) with a light coating of WD40 and on return hopefully the beasties will come off easily, -going to give it a go and kill as many midges as possible !
How was the bug problem then? Did you try the WD40 on the extra shiny non radiator?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom