6months of MG ZS EV Charging costs Mostly home , Some public

After 6 months I've driven 3600 miles. Charging per month at home is about £15 compared to my previous diesel SUV £60 so comparatively mile for mile about £30 per month saved.
Mistakes I made.
I didn't religiously record the odometer
I left credit on pod-point app

2023-12-07 - MG ZS June - December  6months.jpg

They really are so much cheaper to run (shame about the upfront cost and insurance premiums but that will change over time).

The below is my home charging for this year, which includes both my Tesla Model Y and my wife's MG ZS.

We've covered just over 10,000 miles this year between both cars (about 70:30 as a split between Tesla and MG). Assume 10,000 and that works out at 2.75p per mile.

(We've been helped a bit by no paid for public charging as my Tesla came with two years of free supercharger use but we've hardly used them).

I have an app which compares my Tesla usage to an equivalent size/usage petrol and then applies the average cost of petrol per month to make a fairly accurate cost comparison (second image). Fairly staggering really.

There are things that need solving with EVs for sure (price and public infrastructure mainly, the first will happen, the second needs Governments to stop flip flipping on everything and actually support rollout) but I would never go back to an ICE. And even the last few years have made massive advances (thinking back to my old Nissan Leaf with a lack of fondness...).

1000016311.png

1000016312.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom