A couple of Zappi revelations......

D

Deleted member 2439

Hi all,

So, three weeks of ZS EV and Zappi ownership now, so I thought I’d contact Myenergi with a couple of questions which have cropped up. Nothing urgent, just nice to knows.

The first issue relates to the app, the Apple version in my case. I’ve noticed that the display only works in port mod, and that rotating the device doesn’t give a resultant change of display. The sec one was that if the Zappi is switched off (I have it on an isolator inside the house), then monitoring on all the other devices connected to the Harvi/Hub stops - until such time as the Zappi is switched on again.

The responses were that the app display is portrait only - with no plans to provide landscape mode. A bit disappointing, but ok. Regarding the Zappi, it seems that’s where the intelligence is and that it should be on all the time to prevent the issue I’ve experienced. And there’s me think that the Hub was actually hub, alas not.

So there you have it - straight from the makers.

Cheers - Rob

I've seen on the myenergi support forum that app rotation has been brought up many times before, especially with people who got an old ipads and attached it to the wall as a simple energy monitor. I have this funny felling that if its not a safety issue, any requests thats not on their internal list gets ignored, but thats a felling I got.

The brains for the zappi is in the zappi. The hub is more like a wireless adapter for it, and it does rely on myenergi's servers for the app to work. So if the server goes down, app goes down. Also if squirrels eat your BT line, the app stops works also. However if the timer settings are sent before the server connection is lost, it does save them on the zappi locally as well and not reliant on internet later on in the evening/night.

I have my Zappi, Eddi, Harvi, and the Hub on order to be fitted soon..hope they all work fine

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom