• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

A little accident

I have received a poor outcome from a total right knee replacement and this does not help the situation either of course.
But aside from this, I have spotted what could be an issue for some people as well.
Next time you are parked up safely and away from other cars.
Try this little experiment, when the car is in "D" mode and it is creeping slowly forward, instead of placing your foot in the centre of the foot brake pad, just move it slightly towards the right edge of the rubber foot brake pad.
Now, as you slowly depress the pedal you will find that JUST as you reach the travel point where the brakes are applied, you also find that your foot CAN applying pressure to the "Go" pedal at the same time.
In effect the design / spacing distance of both pedals allows this to happen.
IF the bite point of the foot brake was slightly earlier, then this condition would not be possible.
It's not a great issue of course, its just an observation I have made.
The same condition was evident on the Gen 1 ZS EV also that we had, as you would totally expect.
Thanks, I think this is what I am finding too

Thanks, I think this is what I am finding too
I do have to be careful that when I am pulling onto our short driveway.
The car is in "D" of course and I need to control its progress forward with the foot brake due to the "creeping" action from the motor.
To get the car fully onto the drive, without the rear end encroaching onto the public foot path, it can be a bit of a challenge TBH.
It would be all to easy to hit both pedals simultaneously and end up hitting the brick wall of the garage OUCH !.
When the car is parked correctly, I barely have enough room to open the charge flap and insert the charging cable into the port when the car is stationary.
I am not complaining, as at least I have a drive and I can charge from home thank goodness !.
It maybe useful if I could turn off the "creep function" - but who knows ?.
Unlike other people who live close by who absolutely insist on parking there cars on the road, when they have driveways empty that they could use !.
Don't get me started on that subject please :rolleyes:.

Try using Milliput . You can buy it on Amazon for about £6. And they do it in silver grey. You just mixt two equal parts for a few minutes and smooth it into the hole.
I have used it n my boat to fill holes. Totally waterproof

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 468 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel