A little rant over zs reviews

I'll try it on showroom car on saturday and let you know. Will try to get sales person to take some pic's for you!
ooh matron.jpg

Have you noticed, that many review’s forget to report the important feature, that under the boot board, has the capability to carry a spare wheel ?.
I really consider this to be an important feature that a LOT of cars today can not offer.
Many cars have inflation kits or even a small EV battery in the case of a PHEV.

Have you noticed, that many review’s forget to report the important feature, that under the boot board, has the capability to carry a spare wheel ?.
I really consider this to be an important feature that a LOT of cars today can not offer.
Many cars have inflation kits or even a small EV battery in the case of a PHEV.
where can you find spare wheel for sale?

It's part of an accessory pack you can buy from your local dealer.

where can you find spare wheel for sale?
You need to decide if you want a space saver wheel set up LV or a full sized wheel and tyre.
If you go for the MG space saver wheel and tool kit for the ZS EV.
You will receive a complete kit that will replace the factory fitted inlay in the wheel well of the boot.
If you go via this route, you will retain both the upper and lower positions of the boot floor cover board.
If you go for a full size spare wheel etc, then you will lose the lower level of the boot floor because the full sized wheel and tyre is much more bulky than the space saver kit.
I have the MG space saver kit, but I think it has increase in price a lot after I bought mine.
Mine was around £130 if I remember correctly.
Last time I looked, it was nearer £250 !!!!.
You can get an after market spare wheel kit from EBay.
Some people have also gone for buying a second hand VW space saver wheel.
It will fit the car, but you need four of the VW wheel bolts to use with that VW wheel.
The MG wheel bolts have a different angle on the shoulder of the bolts that don’t suit the VW wheel.
Get four VW wheel bolts and your fine !.
The space saver from the original ZS EV is comparable with the new face lift model ZS EV also apparently.

My belt and braces setup is, I put the space saver wheel in upside down, the gunge repair kit then fits on top of it and the wheel brace and jack fit in the square hole on the top of the repair kit. With this setup the boot floor fits perfectly at the 2nd level. I also have a puncture repair aerosol that came with the GardX paint protection kit and one of those motorcycle self repair plug kits.
Having 4 different choices is virtually like a guarantee I will not get a puncture and the stuff will all go out of date and be wasted, but Sod's law says that if you aren't prepared then it will happen.

I have my spare wheel the other way up also !.
The foam circle sit's nicely inside the inside rim of the wheel.
It does not make a lot of difference really, but I thought, if you had a puncture, the first thing to hand, should be the items needed to start on removing the wheel nuts and then start jacking up the car.
If you have it the other way, you need to remove the space saver from the boot just to get at the tool kit ?.
I have my type 2 public charging cable coiled around the outside of the space saver and there is still space to store my extendable wheel brace and socket, plus the red warning triangle as well.
I hate charging cables being on show myself !.

I have my spare wheel the other way up also !.
The foam circle sit's nicely inside the inside rim of the wheel.
It does not make a lot of difference really, but I thought, if you had a puncture, the first thing to hand, should be the items needed to start on removing the wheel nuts and then start jacking up the car.
If you have it the other way, you need to remove the space saver from the boot just to get at the tool kit ?.
I have my type 2 public charging cable coiled around the outside of the space saver and there is still space to store my extendable wheel brace and socket, plus the red warning triangle as well.
I hate charging cables being on show myself !.
My Type 2 cable sits in the left hand pocket in the boot. Makes it easy to get at without having to lift anything out of the boot.

The disadvantage of having the wheel face down is that you have to take it out to check the pressure. I've only checked mine once in 19 months and it was down a couple of psi.

Not just zs but other cars too
When they say nice boot (trunk) size but it not flat as if its a bad thing
I like a deeper lip. Flat boots wind me up you get your weeks shopping and the bag falls over when you open the boot it all falls on the floor
So I just don't get it rant over🙃
My last (ever) ICE car was a Peugeot 3008. The tailgate was split, the lower 1/4 opening down and flat, and it and the trunk space all one straight no lip area. For bad back people like me a boon; and in rainy English weather you could sit on the flat tailage 1/4 in the dry (100kg limit). There's a lot to be said for a flat load space.

I'm for the flat floor with storage underneath. Worried about losing the suitcases, shopping when opening the boot lid then use a net or straps. Things sliding around in the boot when driving drives me mad.

I’m really frustrated every time I read “some cheap materials” in the MG ZS yet VW ID3 “has a decent quality interior”.

Reality was the complete opposite. ZS perfectly decent whilst the VW reminded me of a mk1 Skoda Fabia.
I test drove the ID.3 before I ordered the ZS EV, and it was the feel of the interior that really put me off the ID.3... I have had VW before and they always felt really premium, but the ID.3 feels really cheap and budget, something I didn't get when I test drove the new ZS EV

I test drove the ID.3 before I ordered the ZS EV, and it was the feel of the interior that really put me off the ID.3... I have had VW before and they always felt really premium, but the ID.3 feels really cheap and budget, something I didn't get when I test drove the new ZS EV
I watched a video by EVM man the other night, when he tested the ZS EV face lift model.
Both him and his mate Harry, agreed that the interior was better in the ZS than the ID3.

I watched a video by EVM man the other night, when he tested the ZS EV face lift model.
Both him and his mate Harry, agreed that the interior was better in the ZS than the ID3.
I’ve owned a number of Japanese cars and read the same. Yet my Toyota Auris at 100k and 10 years old was as spot on as the day it left the factory. Nothing squeaked, broke or fell off. All the (press) reviews remarked on its “cheap interior vs Golf”.

I was honest with the chap in VW and asked him why it’s so poor vs even the bottom level Golf. “It’s a totally different car” was the response.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom