a

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New year to you too.
Sounds that it'll be either a drop link or spring. I hope that it'll be fixed under warranty but I'm not sure whether you have much cover as a taxi. EVBreakers have lots of nearly new parts available if you are paying.

I'm a taxi driver in Dublin with the MG5 LR. I started hearing a loud banging noise a week or so ago when the cold weather started. Scared the sh1t out of me considering the car is just over a year old and it got it's first service only 2 or 3 weeks prior to that. (No mention of anything amiss on the service report).

After an hour or two, the noise mostly went away as 'the parts'/bushes heated up, I'm guessing. The weather today wasn't too bad and the noise has diminished to almost nothing.

Personally, I'm going to go to my old mechanic in the New Year and see if something needs oiling or greasing. I know almost nothing about cars but my old mechanic has kept my taxi on the road for over 10 years. That's why I'm visiting him first and not the main dealer.

To the best of my knowledge, our cars are UK cars that have had their software modified for Irish conditions. So if it was a common problem with the MG5, there would be reports from other UK users on here too. That's what I keep telling myself, fingers crossed!

I'm a taxi driver in Dublin with the MG5 LR. I started hearing a loud banging noise a week or so ago when the cold weather started. Scared the sh*t out of me considering the car is just over a year old and it got it's first service only 2 or 3 weeks prior to that. (No mention of anything amiss on the service report).

After an hour or two, the noise mostly went away as 'the parts'/bushes heated up, I'm guessing. The weather today wasn't too bad and the noise has diminished to almost nothing.

Personally, I'm going to go to my old mechanic in the New Year and see if something needs oiling or greasing. I know almost nothing about cars but my old mechanic has kept my taxi on the road for over 10 years. That's why I'm visiting him first and not the main dealer.

To the best of my knowledge, our cars are UK cars that have had their software modified for Irish conditions. So if it was a common problem with the MG5, there would be reports from other UK users on here too. That's what I keep telling myself, fingers crossed!
Hi my MG5 EV TAXI noise from front suspension . MG IRELAND told me work shop been book for januray . MG IRELAND told me they will use same old car parts swapping from left to right side if not working you just have get use the noise . they say MG see some car like this before they are not waste time on this matter

Strange attitude from MG Ireland. Are you dealing with a local car dealer? Maybe go above their heads to corporate MG Ireland. I'd be pretty annoyed if a dealer had a quick look at my 1 year old car and then said they likely wouldn't do anything further with it.

The noises in my MG5 have 99% gone now that the temperature has increased. Still thinking a bit of lubrication/grease will fix things in my case.

Good luck with it.

Strange attitude from MG Ireland. Are you dealing with a local car dealer? Maybe go above their heads to corporate MG Ireland. I'd be pretty annoyed if a dealer had a quick look at my 1 year old car and then said they likely wouldn't do anything further with it.

The noises in my MG5 have 99% gone now that the temperature has increased. Still thinking a bit of lubrication/grease will fix things in my case.

Good luck with it.
Car will in MG work shop 9 and 10th janaury 2023 what happen i will let you know we hope the best . HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND GOOD NEW YEARS to everyone

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom