KH11

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Does anyone know how the AA cover works. I bought the car new it was registered 31 May but I didn’t complete the purchase till 9 June as I had to get my previous car that I was part exchanging a new windscreen before we could complete the purchase.

We took a service plan out a few days after and the first service is due according to the service plan in June.

Does the AA cover run from the day the car was registered or when we completed the purchase?

We have a couple of trips planned in May and beginning of June. Whilst the trip in May we would be covered but I wasn’t sure about the June trip?

I was intending taking the car in for Service after the June trip but not sure if I need to take it in before to make sure I am still covered?

Just rang them and they said the car is covered until 1 January 2026. I didn’t know that the cover worked like that unless it’s something the dealer has done that I purchased the car from. I assumed the car was only covered for 12 months and then if you had the car serviced at the dealer you could get it extended for another year.

So I can stick to the plan and take the car in after our trip at the beginning of June.

Just rang them and they said the car is covered until 1 January 2026. I didn’t know that the cover worked like that unless it’s something the dealer has done that I purchased the car from. I assumed the car was only covered for 12 months and then if you had the car serviced at the dealer you could get it extended for another year.

So I can stick to the plan and take the car in after our trip at the beginning of June.
Must admit that my existing AA / Relay cover (as I still have a few ICE cars, any driver in the household, with full recovery in the UK / ~5 Days in Europe) went from ~£200 to £99 this year, no intervention, they just took the cash, overall not sure why it was soo reduced? - never ever claimed in 35+ years. Maybe MG gave my details as to what I was driving?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back