ABRP - OBD2 Dongle Recommendations

fnkd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I’ve searched the forums but all the info seems to be within other threads so I thought I’d post a new one to make it easier for people to find as I’m sure I’m not the only person considering buying one.

I’m looking at getting a OBD2 dongle for my ZS facelift for when I do longer journeys so that ABRP gets live data.

I was considering the Vgate Vlinker MC+ as I believe it’s secure enough to leave plugged in as it has a physical pairing button.

Are there any secure cheaper alternatives that work? I’ll be using it on iOS.

Or do you think I should just get a cheaper one that I don’t leave plugged in? I am worried that if I go on holiday and leave it plugged in it could drain the battery and I know I’d forget to unplug it before I go.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi all,

I’ve searched the forums but all the info seems to be within other threads so I thought I’d post a new one to make it easier for people to find as I’m sure I’m not the only person considering buying one.

I’m looking at getting a OBD2 dongle for my ZS facelift for when I do longer journeys so that ABRP gets live data.

I was considering the Vgate Vlinker MC+ as I believe it’s secure enough to leave plugged in as it has a physical pairing button.

Are there any secure cheaper alternatives that work? I’ll be using it on iOS.

Or do you think I should just get a cheaper one that I don’t leave plugged in? I am worried that if I go on holiday and leave it plugged in it could drain the battery and I know I’d forget to unplug it before I go.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Doesn't the inbuilt satnat on the MK2 take in mind the available charging points and the cars SOC and GOM? or is that the trophy connect only?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom