Accelerator pedal delay

Never noticed any delay except as already mentioned when in eco mode you have to press more .i have to say i am not keen on autohold ,i like the natural roll on when you lift off the footbrake .

Update:
Went to dealer and had a mechanic test the car, he didn't notice the delay on his own, but agreed with me that there was a delay when we drove the car together.

The best way to notice the delay is to test the difference in response from the pedal at a fairly low speed: compare how quickly you feel the acceleration when you start with a slightly depressed pedal versus a completely released one.

To see if this was a specific issue with my car, we also tested one of their demo cars. It was immediately apparent that the demo car had an even greater delay than my own. I would expect that this is in fact an issue with many if not all ZS EVs.

They said they'd contact MG about it, so we'll see what happens.

Update:
Went to dealer and had a mechanic test the car, he didn't notice the delay on his own, but agreed with me that there was a delay when we drove the car together.

The best way to notice the delay is to test the difference in response from the pedal at a fairly low speed: compare how quickly you feel the acceleration when you start with a slightly depressed pedal versus a completely released one.

To see if this was a specific issue with my car, we also tested one of their demo cars. It was immediately apparent that the demo car had an even greater delay than my own. I would expect that this is in fact an issue with many if not all ZS EVs.

They said they'd contact MG about it, so we'll see what happens.
Interesting. I’ve driven 4 different ZS EV’s and not really noticed anything. I suppose that it might come down to driving style or maybe I’ve just been lucky. They’ve all driven very much the same. I use auto-hold all the time and usually regen 3 or 2 in normal mode Mostly. Starting off requires a degree of anticipation but that’s best driving practice anyway.

Dealer will be taking another look at the car on Friday. I doubt they'll discover anything different this time around, but at least they seem to be taking the issue seriously.

Hi.
I.ve searched the from for an answer but I cannot find it's been covered.
The zs ev has a delay in applying any power when you press the accelerator.
I know this is common on the zs ev as all the reviews I have watched online also mention the same issue.
It is unusual for an ev as my last 2 leafs would accelerate as soon as you touched the accelerator. They had less power but felt as fast or even faster due to the quick sprint off the line movement.
This leads to me pressing the accelerator a bit harder than I need and I end up spinning the wheels too often.
One of the things I like about the ev's was the ability to move off quickly as soon as you need it too but this delay is very annoying and the 1 thing on the car I would really like to change.
I.m not after a sports car but just good acceleration in the city.
Btw even in sport mode there is a small delay.
Has any one noticed that a software update has improved the pedals reaction time?
Cheers
Have never noticed any delay on go fast pedal🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom