Accumulated total reset button after full charge

haha I guess you meant enigma as an enema is far more painful! was just wondering what the parameters might be when the predicted range gets altered due to temperature. I didn’t realise that there was a direct link and thought it was purely based on the mpk history or default setting when zeroed.

I believe the new Ford Mustang will not only use historical data for the GOM calculations but will be checking the weather forecast and terrain of your proposed journey too!

I believe the new Ford Mustang will not only use historical data for the GOM calculations but will be checking the weather forecast and terrain of your proposed journey too!
That’s the future isn’t it. Brilliant.

Does ABRP and zapmap not already do this?

That's the ultimate isn't it and will come eventually after further iterative improvements and integrations.
When using the integrated satnav to know where you're going:
Looking at the route and traffic etc guessing estimated speeds, weather - temp/wind/rain. Plus knowing who is driving (storing each drivers data), in theory with enough data & processing you should be able to provide a very good estimate.

Yes. One further step to full autonomous driving.

Yes. One further step to full autonomous driving.
On subject of autonomous driving.
I've been thinking surely they can have it working well enough by now on motorways.
They could "map" just the main motorways in detail easily, then I'd have thought you could get lorries going from "up north to/from down south" on the M1 for example to lorry logistics parks just off the motorway, where drivers could then hop in/out to do the last/first legs.
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet

On subject of autonomous driving.
I've been thinking surely they can have it working well enough by now on motorways.
They could "map" just the main motorways in detail easily, then I'd have thought you could get lorries going from "up north to/from down south" on the M1 for example to lorry logistics parks just off the motorway, where drivers could then hop in/out to do the last/first legs.
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet
Yes - I think they’re called trains! 🤪 seriously, i agree, I think that with any change like this the challenge is running different tiers of transport alongside each other as it all transitions. The technology is definitely there but is the industry ready? It’s usually a big financial incentive that kicks these things off.

Yes - I think they’re called trains! 🤪 seriously, i agree, I think that with any change like this the challenge is running different tiers of transport alongside each other as it all transitions. The technology is definitely there but is the industry ready? It’s usually a big financial incentive that kicks these things off.
I can imagine Tesla setting up a service like it when they get their lorries built

I can imagine Tesla setting up a service like it when they get their lorries built
Yes I agree. Software like Waze is also a stepping stone to utilising the combined power of users to get the best results.

It makes no difference what the GOM tells you the range might be. You will get what you get according to your driving style and current conditions.
That’s why it’s called a GOM !.
Maybe we should change the acronym to RNG......Random Number Generator
LOL
"Think of a number between 1 & 10 - then multiply it by 2 - then ...........".
I think we all know how the rest of this riddle end's !.

Ok guys, no need to milk it. :sneaky:
Maybe the ERNIE, formerly known as GOM, could read in pints.🥛

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom