Accumulated total reset button after full charge

Where did you get that 3.4 m/kwh figure from?
(3.4 x 44.5 = 151.3 and we don't get a usable 44.5)

From what I've seen I'm pretty confident, that they have set it up on purpose so that when reset in Normal 3, at full charge/balanced it tells you the WLTP range of 163 miles.
It makes sense to do that, otherwise people would say why doesn't it state the range you've said when it's been reset (to "factory settings").
When you reset accumulated totals, it resets the miles/kWh on mine to 3.4! All the rest are 0.

When you reset accumulated totals, it resets the miles/kWh on mine to 3.4! All the rest are 0.
Wowsa, ok this is all new information to me lol!
I just assumed they all worked like mine did; when I reset, all of the figures are zero'd/blanked out.

IMG_3920.JPG

You must be running a different version of some software on your car.

Does anyone else do this???

I just assumed they all worked like mine did; when I reset, all of the figures are zero'd/blanked out.

View attachment 2204

Same here!! Mine resets all figures to 0 and ---

View attachment 2204

Not sure but I would think you'd have to start the car moving to register something.

View attachment 2204

Yes mine does this, but as soon as it starts to move it seems to indicate 3.4 miles/kWh which is different to the other screen

We will literally never know. It'd be nigh on impossible to try to work out the calculation used and all the parameters that affect it - like breaking the enima code!
Not being picky and blame spell check fir everything but love the idea of an enema code. Only when you are up sh-t creek?😁😁

My SE 2023 model I picked up in September when the weather was better was giving me 225 on 100%. Careful driving, no aircon etc. tyres inflated. Since I started only charging to 80%, as advised, colder conditions, heaters on in awful cold rainy and dark conditions when I have to fully charge 170 ish!!! Hey ho, still best value E V!!

My SE 2023 model I picked up in September when the weather was better was giving me 225 on 100%. Careful driving, no aircon etc. tyres inflated. Since I started only charging to 80%, as advised, colder conditions, heaters on in awful cold rainy and dark conditions when I have to fully charge 170 ish!!! Hey ho, still best value E V!!
Welcome to the forum,
You will find more on the MG4 range and battery chemistry in the MG4 bit of the forum.

Just go back to your combustion engine days. By that, I mean you only had a guage for your fuel. No percentages. No range. When the red light came on, you put some fuel in. Those were your happiest days of driving.
You never worried about your mpg. Never worried that it was less efficient in winter. You just cared that you were warm and singing along to some Erasure track (insert any other guilty pleasure song).

Don't worry about the GOM. Don't worry about your range. Don't worry about being freezing just to eek out an extra 0.3 mi/kWh.

Just enjoy the fact that you don't have a clutch anymore. Just enjoy the fact that it still costs tons less than a combustion engine. Just enjoy it.

I was chugging about today. -1⁰ all day.
Heater was blasting out.
Did I care about the 2.7 mi/kWh, when I could have done 3.2 in eco, with fogged up windows and freezing feet?
Not even for a millisecond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go back to your combustion engine days. By that, I mean you only had a guage for your fuel. No percentages. No range. When the red light came on, you put some fuel in. Those were your happiest days of driving.
You never worried about your mpg. Never worried that it was less efficient in winter. You just cared that you were warm and singing along to some Erasure track (insert any other guilty pleasure song).
That's exactly how I drove my 2020 ZS ev once the novelty of the GOM and mi/kWh wore off.
It had a battery gauge which was just like a fuel gauge, divided int 8 segments and when it went below half way to 2 or 3 segments I charged it up.
Ev shorter ranges compared to modern cars are a bit like going back in time, in the 70s I had cars that did 25mpg (or less the way I drove) and 5 or 6 gallon tanks, so you only had 125-150 miles range. This meant a day trip to the seaside, 100 miles away, meant at least one refuel somewhere near the destination. This was when petrol stations were less abundant and most were not 24h and many were not open on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom