Advice on buying a car? Kia Rio, Dacia or a MG?

newcar1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
My wife needs a car and she cant make up her mind and hoping some people can give some advice?

either a

1) New Kia Rio £15,495,
2) New MG MG3 1.5 VTi-TECH Excite 5dr £12.645,
3)New Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr £10.745.

Most important to her is a) a good warrany which is honoured well and length of warranty b) Air conditioing c) dont care about how it looks and gadgets, just want something reliable and not constantly needing repairs.

Is there much difference between a Darcia Engine 999 cc and a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc? Its mainly a city car but lots of short trips on the motorway with occasional longer drives on the motorway. So was worried the Darcia Engine 999 cc would not cope as well as a Kia Rio Engine 1197 cc for what I need it for?

I am not bothered about how powerful the car is, wether the clutch judders etc .... just wanting to know if the 1.0 Sandero cylinder turbo is more likely to have issues or break than a 1.2 ... 4 cylinder?

For Waranty I'd say the MG and Kia, running costs the MG will be less efficient as old tech engine. All will be fine for motorway jaunts. The Dacias engine is probably the newest in terms of tech and obviously got the advantage of using LPG. I would expect all to be reliable

When we were looking at getting a new car , we looked at Dacia Sanderao and Duster, both Bi fuel, I'll be honest both Dacia's were gutless, yes they are cheap but that is for a reason, very limited equipment, so if you want USB or sat nav you have to pay extra.
Also this may not be the best Forum to as about ICE cars even if one of them is an MG, this is an MG Electric/PHEV forum.
Hope this helps

How do people find the air conditoning in the car Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel? any issues?

Anyone know how I can get a Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr sooner as I am getting told I have to order one for delivery by May/June?

Buy the cheapest as it’s not you that has to drive it ;)
or what about a £6k budget and buy a much better spec secondhand car and pocket the cash as backup?

whats the differences between the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 and the Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr?

Which is a better car?

The Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr has a turbo but the Sandero access 1.0 SCE 65 does not right?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom