Range issues - Filing a "Warranty Claim" on our Battery or "Rejecting" the purchase

This also entails some danger... if your battery does degrade and need a warranty claim, the fact you have refused the BMS update designed to prolong the life of the battery by keeping the upper charge voltage limit of the battery cells lower, and hence reducing stress on the battery, just might be a reason for warranty refusal! Certainly a bit of a minefield...
disagree I asked about the update and it was not necessary according to the mg dealer..

Could it be MG have issued a range of VIN numbers of cars that should be done and some of us are not in that range ?
Maybe they are just doing the buggy ones first then will do the others later ?
I can't see any warranty claim being affected by not receiving the update unless you specifically asked them not to do it.
Although I didn't want it, I didn't actually tell the dealer not to apply it. I left it up to them and they didn't apply it.
If the dealer doesn't offer the update then how would you know it even exists if you didn't use forums like this or Facebook etc.

My understanding is MG have told all dealers to update all cars that aren't already on the latest version the next time they're in the workshop for service or other work. It isn't meant to be optional.
@Paulie68 I am of the very same opinion, but can't offer no reason why it is not getting done.
Expect the reasons that I have already stated.
it begger's belief to be honest.

Could it be MG have issued a range of VIN numbers of cars that should be done and some of us are not in that range ?
Maybe they are just doing the buggy ones first then will do the others later ?
This is very very likely to be the case @Kithmo and a great shout.
Maybe the action plan is as follows :-
Deal with the badly affected cars first, then pick up the non affected cars at a later date !.
So, "If your not on the list, your not coming in" type basis.
Are MG releasing batches of VIN numbers on a list based on their build date ????.
This would also figure out ?????.
Too many questions, not enough answers - Just like life I guess :unsure:.

I took delivery of my ZS on 8th June and it charges to 456v. I would have thought that if the issue was important then it would have had the BMS update. As others have said, if it is working then I am happy to leave it alone unless the garage advise me otherwise.
My delivery was the 10th of June but prereged back in February. I agree with your strategy.

Deal with the badly affected cars first, then pick up the non affected cars at a later date !.
Are MG releasing batches of VIN numbers on a list based on their build date ????.
I have the OEM BMS (456v). Bought and took ownership of the car 20 Nov 2020 and was assured all software modules were up to date.

Then the effects of the bad BMS happened and I was concerned I may have it.

Contacted the dealer who informed me that I wasn't on the list of cars affected.

Still concerned I asked Miles Roberts (Chorley Group) to check the list of VIN numbers affected and he very kindly confirmed that my vehicle was not on the list.

So, I am looking forward to my first service in November to see what happens!!

Why oh why, can't MG just tell us in black and white what the policy is!!!!!!!!!!!

The only person I trust is Miles at Chorley group, he is the only official person that seems to give us the official MG guidance as sent down on high from MG.
I'm sure it was said, cars on the vin list (that have the dodgy bms version) are supposed to get called in by their dealer, all others should get the new BMS update when they are next in - for their service.

I had the first annual service in February this year and at the time there was a lot of noise about faulty BMS being done at the time of service. The service manager agreed it was not a good time to have a BMS update. At the time of the next service in February 2022 I will discuss it again with the service manager. As I have had no problems with the car I am relaxed about the warranty issue and have avoided many of the issues reported on these pages.

Why oh why, can't MG just tell us in black and white what the policy is!!!!!!!!!!!

The only person I trust is Miles at Chorley group, he is the only official person that seems to give us the official MG guidance as sent down on high from MG.
I'm sure it was said, cars on the vin list (that have the dodgy bms version) are supposed to get called in by their dealer, all others should get the new BMS update when they are next in - for their service.
👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom