After market MG4 SE reversing camera

Jamieev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Will it be possible to get an aftermarket reversing camera installed and functioning with the infotainment system on the MG4?

Oh absolutely YES. The infotainment on the MG5 has very same under pinning to the MG4 infotainment & is capable so I would assume yes.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely YES. The infotainment on the MG5 is the same & is capable so I would assume yes.

The MG5 infotainment system, both on the current and the facelift, is most certainly NOT the same as the one in the MG4 SE or Trophy. That's not to say that it cannot be done as of course both the ZS and the MG4 Trophy have a camera.

The MG5 infotainment system, both on the current and the facelift, is most certainly NOT the same as the one in the MG4 SE or Trophy. That's not to say that it cannot be done as of course both the ZS and the MG4 Trophy have a camera.
Sorry post wasn’t 100% clear. My friend who works for MG and has seen it completed on the facelift MG5 abroad has said that it’s more than capable and it has the same underpinnings - whilst not the same size.

Sorry post wasn’t 100% clear. My friend who works for MG and has seen it completed on the facelift MG5 abroad has said that it’s more than capable and it has the same underpinnings - whilst not the same size.
So (apologies for my technology ignorance). This means that it would/should support a reversing camera and it's really a case of finding a company who can do it. Or (as the new MG5 isn't yet out in the UK) would it need parts from that to make it work

So (apologies for my technology ignorance). This means that it would/should support a reversing camera and it's really a case of finding a company who can do it. Or (as the new MG5 isn't yet out in the UK) would it need parts from that to make it work
Yes it should - it’ll just be a case of finding a fitter to do so though most are all pretty much the same idea technique.

It's unlikely to be plug and play, and if coding is required that'll be the difficulty.

Lack of rear camera on the SE is the main drawback for me too, so I'll be watching this thread with interest. I'm bothered, but not bothered enough to spend thousands of pounds extra on a Trophy.
But not bothered enough to still go through with getting an SE? Just wish that one thing was added and then would feel confident about my order (and not reversing into small children in car parks)

I literally came here to post about this. Thanks OP!

I've been looking at kits you fit yourself: one piece over the reversing mirror, and one piece over the license plate. You then need to pick up a 12v power supply from the reversing light to connect the camera to. Seems like a bit for a DIY'er like myself to tinker with a brand new car, so haven't committed yet!

Anyone else got a good idea?

I bought a reversing camera for my wife's Infiniti Q30. Problem was that the feed to the led reversing light wasn't 12v for reasons I don't quite understand.

Lack of rear camera on the SE is the main drawback for me too, so I'll be watching this thread with interest. I'm bothered, but not bothered enough to spend thousands of pounds extra on a Trophy.
That's how I felt when I ordered my MG4. Big mistake, I really need a simple reversing camera and electric door mirrors.

This topic seems to have stalled. Any views/updates on the attached screenshot from Halfords website welcome.
20230108_104128622.jpeg
?

Hi I have a selr and have fitted a wireless rear camera put screen on the shelf behind the drive button I would also like to have one fitted to work with the screen but I’m told that it is very unlikely as mg will not allow any messing with it.mine is a auto vox clips to rear number plate

Hi I have a selr and have fitted a wireless rear camera put screen on the shelf behind the drive button I would also like to have one fitted to work with the screen but I’m told that it is very unlikely as mg will not allow any messing with it.mine is a auto vox clips to rear number plate
Hi could you describe where you got power for the camera?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back